Universities Colleges Schools
'If you are interested in playing, singing or simply listening, check out the Music Centre to see what’s on offer. There’s plenty going on – so don't miss out! ... The University Music Centre promotes a wide-ranging programme for performers and listeners ... Music degrees are no longer offered by the University but we still appreciate the importance of a vital musical life – after all, music matters.'
'Music is incredibly high profile at Bede Academy and has been referred to as "the heart beat of the Academy". There are many events to prepare for throughout the year including termly concerts, the carol service, presentation day, young musician of the year, and the annual Academy production to name but a few ... Music Extracurricular Activities Jazz Band; BEAT; Orchestra; Senior Wind Band; Wind Band Project; Bede Voices; Academy Choir; Strings.'
'Music holds a privileged place at the heart of Benenden with countless opportunities for girls of all ages ... Berenden Symphony Orchestra is complemented by numerous string and wind ensembles. Other groups include the Jazz Band, Concert Band and rock groups, and for singers, there are countless opportunities through the Chapel Choir, Chamber Choir, Lower School Chamber Choir and Folk Groups ... We put on weekly Friday Lunchtime Concerts and occasional break time "Coffee Concerts" encouraging students of all ages and abilities to perform. Opportunities abound both in and out of the School in prestigious venues ...'
'Our Arts College status means that we are able to offer an extensive and varied range of opportunities in both performing and visual arts. Whether this be through our wide selection of qualifications or via experiences and opportunities that we offer in the Arts, we aim to inspire creativity, develop individuality and support our students to become well rounded adults.'
'Friends of Bryanston Music aims to celebrate music past, present and future at Bryanston School. Membership of the Friends of Bryanston Music is free and open to all who value music and recognise its importance to Bryanston. As a Friend of Bryanston Music, you will receive regular newsletters and will be invited to concerts and events. You will also be encouraged to share news about yourself and your music, how Bryanston featured in your musical life, at school or afterwards, and the Bryanston friends you remember most vividly.'
'We believe passionately that making music with others is the key to its enjoyment, and the widest range of ensembles both vocal and instrumental, large and small reflect that belief. Many performances are given each year both within the School, in the local area and on national or international tours ... A generous donation from an Old Cranleighan has enabled the commissioning of a new three-manual pipe organ which takes pride of place in Cranleigh’s beautiful Chapel ...'
'Our programme of concerts (performed in the Great Hall at Lancaster University) offers a varied diet of music including orchestral concerts, chamber music, jazz, world music, opera and new music. The series capitalises on the wealth of talent in the region as well as bringing in nationally and internationally renowned artists.'
'LU Arts is Loughborough University's arts programme and offers staff, students and the wider community a range of arts activities to see, get involved in and enjoy. Over the academic year LU Arts presents, in a variety of venues across campus, a series of live music and literature events by internationally recognised performers, companies and writers ... LU Arts also provides many opportunities for your creative development, for example our painting and pottery classes, performing at Speech Bubble, singing with the University Choir, and sharing a good read at the Book Club. Along with the opportunity to join the String Orchestra, University students with musical talent can continue to develop their skills with subsidised music tuition, plus they have the chance to apply for the annual Music Scholarship Award.'
'Music at Marlborough offers something very special. It embodies everything you might expect of an inspired, energetic and forward-thinking department but with that little bit extra that makes us a prospect worth investigating. "Inclusive" and "exclusive" are our preferred terms - inclusive in that we offer a musical opportunity to every age and stage, exclusive in that we provide unique programmes of study to those who wish to pursue music as a future career ... The Marlborough College Concert Series ... promotes six annual concerts featuring world class musicians. This series culminates with a full scale choral and orchestral concert in the Lent Term held in Chapel.'
'Public performance is fundamental to music at Oakham. It builds vital personal confidence and provides goals to work towards. Our pupils take part in over 80 concerts each year in Rutland and venues around the UK. We host professional concerts and take pupils to concerts locally. We produce recordings, tour abroad biennially and participate in major national competitions. Our annual English Song Competition and Piano Duet Competition are eagerly anticipated.'
'Participation in instrumental and choral ensembles, large and small, inspires loyalty, confidence and an appreciation of excellence. The School's Symphony, Chamber and String Orchestras, Oundle Brass, the Concert Band, the Symphonic Wind Orchestra and Big Band offer opportunities for pupils to perform in a wide variety of styles, and the Chapel Choir and Schola Cantorum maintain Oundle's strong choral tradition. There are also numerous instrumental ensembles, which perform regularly in competitions and concerts both inside and outside the School.'
'Music at Rugby School is exciting, diverse and of a remarkable standard. The department is renowned for its friendly, yet energetic and stimulating environment, offering a wide range of opportunities for all pupils and helping them to reach their full potential, whatever their musical aspirations are ... Performing in public each week, the Chapel Choir plays a central role in the life of Rugby School ... The Arnold Singers is a Chamber Choir, a small group of Rugby School’s best singers. They perform a wide repertoire of sacred and secular music. The choir gives regular concerts ... The Choral Society includes anyone who likes to sing ... Pupils perform alongside parents, teachers, friends and members of the local community ...'
'Sarum College is an ecumenical centre for Christian study and research ... Lunchtime concerts are held in Sarum College’s Butterfield Chapel. All concerts begin at 12:45pm and last approximately 45 minutes. After the concert the audience is invited to enjoy a sandwich buffet lunch in the College’s Common Room for a sociable end to the occasion.'
'The Concerts & Lectures Series is an ongoing cultural extravaganza of classical music and fascinating lectures on a wide variety of subjects, performed by talented (often visiting) musicians, academics and experts. They are all open to the public, so whether you’re staff, a student, alumni or just interested please come along and see what we’ve got to offer!'
Details of a range of concerts and recitals: 'Entry is free and all are welcome ... The Dundee University Music Society (DUMS) is home to a number of talented musicians from both in and around Dundee. As the university has no music department, the society aims to provide a place for those with an interest in music to collaborate and meet like-minded people to perform pieces from a variety of genres and styles.'
'UEA Music Centre is open to everyone, no matter what degree programme you are studying or how much experience you have. Based in the heart of the UEA campus it offers a focal point for music on campus, in the City of Norwich and in the wider community. Staffed by a dedicated Director of Music and Music Administrator, the Music Centre provides a vibrant meeting place for musicians, hosts practices and rehearsal spaces, and is open to all!'
'The University of Kent has a flourishing programme of music and students of all subjects, together with staff and the local community, have the opportunity to get involved in the wide-range of extra-curricular music activities. As well as the many concerts in the Colyer-Fergusson concert-hall, there are also opportunities to perform in other venues ... If you sing or play an instrument you can join the Chorus, Symphony Orchestra, Concert and Big Bands and Chamber Choir which rehearse weekly for public concerts each term. Many other ensembles and bands are formed each year, and budding soloists and conductors also have a chance to develop their talents. Many other musical events take place across the University, including the University's Gulbenkian Theatre, ranging from classical and jazz to pop, world and folk. The Music Department also presents a regular series of Lunchtime Concerts ...'
'Nottingham Lakeside Arts is The University of Nottingham's public arts programme welcoming more than 200,000 people of all ages to a vibrant programme of performances, exhibitions, workshops and talks each year.'
'Uppingham's music-making has an enviable reputation for its outstanding musical tradition and exciting, dynamic projects. With music being threaded through the whole school community, we encourage and support individual excellence and mass participation. A large and committed team of specialist musicians bring considerable expertise and dedication to their individual and ensemble teaching. Pupils have a vast range of performance opportunities at all levels ... Concerto concerts, weekly lunchtime concerts and a Recital Competition provide opportunities for the most able ... All styles of music-making - from Jazz, Hip Hop, Contemporary Classical to polyphony - are supported and encouraged, reflecting the breadth of interest of both pupils and staff.'
'Music at Woodbridge School is nationally regarded as exceptional. Many pupils regularly train and perform with some of the UK’s most prestigious youth orchestras and choirs. Yet music is not an elite activity at Woodbridge – the emphasis is on enjoyment and involvement for all. The ethos of Woodbridge’s music department is based around the classical repertoire, but there are many opportunities for pupils to play other styles of music such as rock, jazz and swing ... Through all of the musical activity within the music school, the School performs a pupil-led programme of over 60 concerts every year.'
'Worksop College is a British co-educational independent school for both day and boarding pupils aged 3-18. It has a very strong musical tradition with numerous ensembles, bands, orchestras, singing groups and choirs - as well as offering each year a Concert Series which 'features guest artists of an exceptionally high calibre and international reputation'.
Recently Added Listings
- * Beer WurlitzerCategory: Organ and Keyboard ClubsCreated:
- + Sale Brass BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * EYSMCategory: Summer SchoolsCreated:
- + Locrian Chamber ChoirCategory: Chamber ChoirsCreated:
- + Hertfordshire Chamber OrchestraCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- + Melbourne Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- ~ Forton MusicCategory: Music PublishersCreated:
- * MorgensternsCategory: Classical Musicians for HireCreated:
- * Minehead & Exmoor Music FestivalCategory: Classical Music FestivalsCreated:
- + CoronachCategory: Early Music EnsemblesCreated:
- + Perth Choral SocietyCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- * Tetbury Music FestivalCategory: Classical Music FestivalsCreated:
- + Royal Sutton Coldfield OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- + NoteAbilityCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- ~ Choir Schools' AssociationCategory: Music Associations and SocietiesCreated:
- @ Palace Theatre NewarkCategory: Theatres and Opera HousesCreated:
- + Whitburn BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- + Chalfont Concert Wind BandCategory: Concert and Wind BandsCreated:
- * Wye Valley Chamber MusicCategory: Workshops and MasterclassesCreated:
- * Britten-Pears FoundationCategory: Composer SocietiesCreated:
- + Wyndham SingersCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- + Ballet CymruCategory: Ballet CompaniesCreated:
- + Redhill SinfoniaCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Cirencester International Organ FestivalCategory: Instrumental FestivalsCreated:
- + Brass Sounds InverclydeCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * Hertfordshire Music ServiceCategory: Local Music Services and TrustsCreated:
- + Erewash Musical SocietyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + London Symphony OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- @ Hever CastleCategory: Historic Houses and BuildingsCreated:
- + National Youth Choirs of Great BritainCategory: Young Persons Singing Groups and ChoirsCreated:
- * Leominster FestivalCategory: Community Music FestivalsCreated:
- + Plymouth Area Police ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- * Wharfedale Recorded MusicCategory: Recorded Music SocietiesCreated:
- + Grantham Choral SocietyCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- * NLMS Music Summer SchoolCategory: Summer SchoolsCreated:
- + West Wickham Operatic SocietyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + Amadeus Chamber OrchestraCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Mark Kendall Artists ManagementCategory: Artist Managers and AgenciesCreated:
- + Wessex Concert OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- + VOCES8Category: Small Vocal GroupsCreated:
- + Camden ChoirCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- + Broadland BandCategory: Concert and Wind BandsCreated:
- * Louth & District Concert SocietyCategory: Local Concert PromotersCreated:
- + Kings Langley Musical Theatre CompanyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + New Essex ChoirCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- ~ The StradCategory: Music MagazinesCreated:
- + Mereside BrassCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * Southern Early Music ForumCategory: Early MusicCreated:
- + Wadebridge Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- @ St Thomas of Canterbury BrentwoodCategory: ChurchesCreated:
- Show more...