Have offered a season of classical music soloists, ensembles, plus an orchestral concert and 'work to engage more people in classical music through a programme of free "Drop in" recitals, extending free admission to more young people'.
Our Aims 'To play ukulele and sing together; To develop and improve as musicians; To entertain those brave enough to listen to us; To expand our repertoire so that we can dip into a large pool of well-rehearsed songs to suit any audience; To attract members from all parts of the community; To raise money for local charities; To have lots of fun!'
'Music is for everyone whatever your age 5 or 95; whether you're a beginner, relearning or have years of experience we provide an opportunity for everyone who has learnt to play an instrument to enjoy making music together. Orchestra, bands and ensembles are led by experienced musicians and there are opportunities to play in concerts as well as weekly rehearsals. There are groups for players of all standards and all ages and you do not need any previous experience of playing in ensembles, orchestras or bands.'
'The Society was founded in 1867, making it one of the oldest choral societies in the country - second only to the illustrious Huddersfield Choral Society, founded in 1836 ... Everyone is welcome to join at any time. You don’t have to audition, be a trained singer. All you need is a love of music, a good ear and loads of enthusiasm. Joining a choir can help you improve singing technique and, as a bonus, it’s a fantastic way to exercise. Our members come from all walks of life and all age ranges ...'
'Amateur orchestra rehearsing in Gosforth and currently giving three concerts per year. The orchestra has 20-30 local members who attend rehearsals, to which we sometimes add a number of extra players for concerts, although we prefer to play as a purely amateur orchestra where possible ... We are always on the lookout for new players, particularly strings. If you play at a reasonable level (grade 6 or above as a guide) and would be interested in applying for a place, please contact us ...'
'The Choir was formed in 1977 by a group of musically inclined enthusiasts. It got off to a fine start and not surprisingly, it was but a short time before the local townsfolk asked to hear them in concert. Since then, their repertoire has grown and their reputation has spread throughout the county and beyond ...'
'The historic Carnegie Theatre and Arts Centre is one of Workington’s much loved buildings and West Cumbria’s premier theatre, entertainment and arts centre. We programme a diverse range of performances, shows and events across the year featuring family shows, comedy, music, opera, ballet, lectures and spoken word events, rock and pop concerts and musicals from the professional touring circuit and from community based performers. The Carnegie Arts Centre is also home to weekly arts participatory classes and workshops featuring ballet, tap, modern and street dance, singing, acting, musicianship ...'
'Housed in the old mineworkers’ buildings the Arts Centre incorporates many spaces, from a small café, a Gallery, workshops and an 80-seat auditorium with full professional lighting and sound equipment. The schedule of events marries visual and performing arts across a broad spectrum, attracting local, national and international artists. Throughout the year we present an eclectic mix of exhibitions, live music, film screenings, talks and Q&As, comedy and theatre performances and private events.'
Recently Added Listings
- * Wollaton Recorded Music SocietyCategory: Recorded Music SocietiesCreated:
- + Sovereign BrassCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- + Hampshire Music Service Ensembles and ChoirsCategory: Young Persons Concert Music EnsemblesCreated:
- * Portadown FestivalCategory: Local Competitive Music FestivalsCreated:
- + Yate & Chipping Sodbury Good Afternoon ChoirCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- ~ OrganFaxCategory: Classical Music PortalsCreated:
- + Brockham ChoralCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- * Letchworth Music ClubCategory: Local Concert PromotersCreated:
- + Welsh National OperaCategory: Opera CompaniesCreated:
- * Making MusicCategory: Accessibility to MusicCreated:
- + Dorset Chamber OrchestraCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Haslemere Recorded Music SocietyCategory: Recorded Music SocietiesCreated:
- + Burton Musical Theatre CompanyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- @ The Blake TheatreCategory: Theatres and Opera HousesCreated:
- ~ Arts Development UKCategory: Music Associations and SocietiesCreated:
- + Mid-Somerset OrchestraCategory: Community Orchestras and BandsCreated:
- + Thurrock Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- * Crail FestivalCategory: Arts FestivalsCreated:
- * Stanford SocietyCategory: Composer SocietiesCreated:
- + Cantorion Llandeilo SingersCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- * Beer WurlitzerCategory: Organ and Keyboard ClubsCreated:
- + Sale Brass BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * EYSMCategory: Summer SchoolsCreated:
- + Locrian Chamber ChoirCategory: Chamber ChoirsCreated:
- + Hertfordshire Chamber OrchestraCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- + Melbourne Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- ~ Forton MusicCategory: Music PublishersCreated:
- * MorgensternsCategory: Classical Musicians for HireCreated:
- * Minehead & Exmoor Music FestivalCategory: Classical Music FestivalsCreated:
- + CoronachCategory: Early Music EnsemblesCreated:
- + Perth Choral SocietyCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- * Tetbury Music FestivalCategory: Classical Music FestivalsCreated:
- + Royal Sutton Coldfield OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- + NoteAbilityCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- ~ Choir Schools' AssociationCategory: Music Associations and SocietiesCreated:
- @ Palace Theatre NewarkCategory: Theatres and Opera HousesCreated:
- + Whitburn BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- + Chalfont Concert Wind BandCategory: Concert and Wind BandsCreated:
- * Wye Valley Chamber MusicCategory: Workshops and MasterclassesCreated:
- * Britten-Pears FoundationCategory: Composer SocietiesCreated:
- + Wyndham SingersCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- + Ballet CymruCategory: Ballet CompaniesCreated:
- + Redhill SinfoniaCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Cirencester International Organ FestivalCategory: Instrumental FestivalsCreated:
- + Brass Sounds InverclydeCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * Hertfordshire Music ServiceCategory: Local Music Services and TrustsCreated:
- + Erewash Musical SocietyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + London Symphony OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- @ Hever CastleCategory: Historic Houses and BuildingsCreated:
- + National Youth Choirs of Great BritainCategory: Young Persons Singing Groups and ChoirsCreated:
- Show more...