'The Kathleen Ferrier Memorial Scholarship Fund holds an Annual Competition before a public audience at the Wigmore Hall in London every April. Young professional singers compete for substantial cash prizes plus the chance to gain instant international recognition.'
'Founded in 2015 to continue the legacy and profile of the internationally respected Lufthansa Festival of Baroque Music. Its aim is to put before London audiences the highest-quality performers in the field of Baroque music from abroad and from the UK ... Concerts were initially at St James Church, Piccadilly, but since 1998 have mainly taken place at a new regular home at the Baroque church of St John’s Smith Square. Concerts are also presented in Westminster Abbey and a range of other local venues.' Held Mid May.
'Formed in July 2012 when the Royal Society of Medicine (RSM) ceased running its Music Society after 40 years. We continue the tradition of putting on excellent concerts, combined with an enjoyable social occasion, and with an opportunity for the audience to meet the artists after the concert ... Our concerts, normally four per season, take place in the delightful surroundings of the Royal Over-Seas League, just off St James’s Street, with its purpose-built concert room with two Steinway grand pianos, and excellent club facilities.'
'The Royal Academy of Music is an institution of world renown, training nearly 700 students from over 50 countries in over 20 musical disciplines. We hope our website provides a glimpse of our collective mission, character, and values — as well as imparting the special atmosphere that springs from our cosmopolitan and confident outlook. Have a look at what we do, the quality of the concerts, the teachers, the visiting artists and the types of events we put on ... As Britain’s oldest conservatoire, we are inspired by the past but committed to shaping contemporary musical life with discernment and open-mindedness ... We welcome visitors from all walks of life to the Academy.'
'Our Club is mainly for people working for, or retired from, Transport for London or its predecessors, but if you are not in this category but would like to come to our meetings in central London we may be able to include you ...'
'English National Opera is founded on the belief that opera of the highest quality should be accessible to everyone. At ENO opera is theatre; expressing drama through the unique combination of music, text, dance, and design. We sing in English and believe that singing in our own language connects the performers and the audience to the drama onstage, and enhances the experience for all ... We bring our productions to the widest possible audience, whether at the London Coliseum, nationally or internationally. We make our work accessible by offering a large proportion of tickets at affordable prices, and by distributing it widely on screen and via digital media ... We will tell the world’s most timeless stories, unforgettably.'
'One of the great ballet companies of the world ... From the Company’s base at the Royal Opera House in London’s Covent Garden, today’s most dynamic and versatile dancers come together with a world-class orchestra and leading choreographers, composers, conductors, designers and creative teams to share an awe-inspiring theatrical experience with diverse audiences worldwide ...'
'Used as a concert venue both at lunchtime and in the evenings by many choirs, orchestras and soloists ... Music is a vital element of life at Grosvenor Chapel and there are many ways to join us in the celebration of the joy of music ... The organ is tuned to an unequal temperament and has mechanical action for keys, pedals and stops.'
'Our mission is to promote knowledge, awareness and enjoyment of Handel and his music to as wide a public audience as possible. We strive to inspire, educate and inform through the interpretation of the Georgian house at 25 Brook Street, where Handel lived and composed for 36 years, through live music performances, educational and outreach activities and collecting, exhibiting and interpreting objects related to Handel’s life and works.'
'Westminster Abbey has resounded to music every day for over one thousand years. Singing has played a hugely important role, from the plainsong Offices sung by the monks of the tenth-century monastic foundation to the daily choral services sung by the Choir of Westminster Abbey today. Over the intervening centuries some of the most illustrious British organists, singers and composers have been closely associated with the Abbey, which continues to play a leading part in the musical and cultural life of the nation today.'
'One of the world’s great concert halls, specialises in chamber and instrumental music, early music and song ... Discreetly nestled in Central London, the Hall – renowned for its intimacy, responsive acoustic and its Arts and Crafts interior – has a capacity of 552 seats, but draws in audiences from far and wide through its enterprising use of digital media and its ambitious learning and outreach programmes; these go beyond concert audiences to embrace schools, nurseries, hospitals, community centres and care homes.'
Recently Added Listings
- * KeyNote ConcertsCategory: Organ and Keyboard ClubsCreated:
- + Caldicot Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- + Haverhill Choral SocietyCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- + West Mendip OrchestraCategory: Community Orchestras and BandsCreated:
- * SpeyfestCategory: Folk FestivalsCreated:
- * Lichfield ArtsCategory: Local Arts BodiesCreated:
- + Thundersley Brass BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * Hertfordshire Festival of MusicCategory: Classical Music FestivalsCreated:
- * West Sussex MusicCategory: Local Music Services and TrustsCreated:
- * Music for ALLCategory: Accessibility to MusicCreated:
- * Wollaton Recorded Music SocietyCategory: Recorded Music SocietiesCreated:
- + Sovereign BrassCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- + Hampshire Music Service Ensembles and ChoirsCategory: Young Persons Concert Music EnsemblesCreated:
- * Portadown FestivalCategory: Local Competitive Music FestivalsCreated:
- + Yate & Chipping Sodbury Good Afternoon ChoirCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- ~ OrganFaxCategory: Classical Music PortalsCreated:
- + Brockham ChoralCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- * Letchworth Music ClubCategory: Local Concert PromotersCreated:
- + Welsh National OperaCategory: Opera CompaniesCreated:
- * Making MusicCategory: Accessibility to MusicCreated:
- + Dorset Chamber OrchestraCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Haslemere Recorded Music SocietyCategory: Recorded Music SocietiesCreated:
- + Burton Musical Theatre CompanyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- @ The Blake TheatreCategory: Theatres and Opera HousesCreated:
- ~ Arts Development UKCategory: Music Associations and SocietiesCreated:
- + Mid-Somerset OrchestraCategory: Community Orchestras and BandsCreated:
- + Thurrock Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- * Crail FestivalCategory: Arts FestivalsCreated:
- * Stanford SocietyCategory: Composer SocietiesCreated:
- + Cantorion Llandeilo SingersCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- * Beer WurlitzerCategory: Organ and Keyboard ClubsCreated:
- + Sale Brass BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * EYSMCategory: Summer SchoolsCreated:
- + Locrian Chamber ChoirCategory: Chamber ChoirsCreated:
- + Hertfordshire Chamber OrchestraCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- + Melbourne Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- ~ Forton MusicCategory: Music PublishersCreated:
- * MorgensternsCategory: Classical Musicians for HireCreated:
- * Minehead & Exmoor Music FestivalCategory: Classical Music FestivalsCreated:
- + CoronachCategory: Early Music EnsemblesCreated:
- + Perth Choral SocietyCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- * Tetbury Music FestivalCategory: Classical Music FestivalsCreated:
- + Royal Sutton Coldfield OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- + NoteAbilityCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- ~ Choir Schools' AssociationCategory: Music Associations and SocietiesCreated:
- @ Palace Theatre NewarkCategory: Theatres and Opera HousesCreated:
- + Whitburn BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- + Chalfont Concert Wind BandCategory: Concert and Wind BandsCreated:
- * Wye Valley Chamber MusicCategory: Workshops and MasterclassesCreated:
- * Britten-Pears FoundationCategory: Composer SocietiesCreated:
- Show more...