'It is almost impossible to listen to or play the ukulele without smiling ... This fabulous little instrument has experienced a meteoric rise in popularity over the past few years, becoming the fastest selling item in music shops across the country. Nottingham is no exception and plays host to one of the county's biggest clubs for ukulele players ... With a current membership of over 100 "Ukers", this friendly, fun-loving group, gathers every week to sing and play the ukulele.'
'Formed in 1972 by Neville Ward from a choral class at Toot Hill School, Bingham. Its aim is "to educate and interest the public in music, particularly choral music, by the presentation of concerts and other activities". The original membership of 40 has now increased to around 90, with singers coming from a wide area of South Nottinghamshire, North Leicestershire and Lincolnshire. The Choir performs three concerts in each season, including an ever-popular Christmas concert. We also hold a day choral workshop in February, extending a warm welcome to all-comers.'
'Established by the late Joy Nicol, and comprises experienced, auditioned singers, who all reside in the Nottinghamshire area. Members of Mirabilé have varied musical backgrounds, with both choral and soloist experiences ... A distinctive characteristic of Mirabilé is to present in the first part of their concerts works from the vast, yet seldom performed, classical female choral repertoire from the sixteenth to the twentieth centuries, and to focus the second part on more varied non-‐classical repertoire. Mirabilé has an active concert diary and is often invited to perform in prestigious venues around England. Mirabilé has taken part in both national and international festivals ...'
Part of the musical landscape of the East Midlands since 1991 ... Over the last few years, Nottingham Concert Band has pioneered the Playday concept, which has proved to be an effective and popular contrast to weekly rehearsals, formal evening concerts and outdoor events. Several months in the planning, each Playday provides the opportunity for band members and invited guests to gather for a full day of intensive rehearsing to work on challenging additions to the repertoire.'
'There are in fact six orchestras - Training, Intermediate, Youth and Jazz with almost 300 young people involved at all stages of musical ability. Each of the orchestras regularly gives public concerts in and around Nottingham. The Youth Orchestra is well known for the high standard of music and each summer undertakes a tour somewhere in the world. The Jazz Orchestra regularly goes on tour in August to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival ...'
'Our first show was in 1946 and we have performed at least one show every year since! We started as a Gilbert & Sullivan group, but from 1989 have performed musicals too.'
Recently Added Listings
- * Beer WurlitzerCategory: Organ and Keyboard ClubsCreated:
- + Sale Brass BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * EYSMCategory: Summer SchoolsCreated:
- + Locrian Chamber ChoirCategory: Chamber ChoirsCreated:
- + Hertfordshire Chamber OrchestraCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- + Melbourne Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- ~ Forton MusicCategory: Music PublishersCreated:
- * MorgensternsCategory: Classical Musicians for HireCreated:
- * Minehead & Exmoor Music FestivalCategory: Classical Music FestivalsCreated:
- + CoronachCategory: Early Music EnsemblesCreated:
- + Perth Choral SocietyCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- * Tetbury Music FestivalCategory: Classical Music FestivalsCreated:
- + Royal Sutton Coldfield OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- + NoteAbilityCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- ~ Choir Schools' AssociationCategory: Music Associations and SocietiesCreated:
- @ Palace Theatre NewarkCategory: Theatres and Opera HousesCreated:
- + Whitburn BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- + Chalfont Concert Wind BandCategory: Concert and Wind BandsCreated:
- * Wye Valley Chamber MusicCategory: Workshops and MasterclassesCreated:
- * Britten-Pears FoundationCategory: Composer SocietiesCreated:
- + Wyndham SingersCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- + Ballet CymruCategory: Ballet CompaniesCreated:
- + Redhill SinfoniaCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Cirencester International Organ FestivalCategory: Instrumental FestivalsCreated:
- + Brass Sounds InverclydeCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * Hertfordshire Music ServiceCategory: Local Music Services and TrustsCreated:
- + Erewash Musical SocietyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + London Symphony OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- @ Hever CastleCategory: Historic Houses and BuildingsCreated:
- + National Youth Choirs of Great BritainCategory: Young Persons Singing Groups and ChoirsCreated:
- * Leominster FestivalCategory: Community Music FestivalsCreated:
- + Plymouth Area Police ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- * Wharfedale Recorded MusicCategory: Recorded Music SocietiesCreated:
- + Grantham Choral SocietyCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- * NLMS Music Summer SchoolCategory: Summer SchoolsCreated:
- + West Wickham Operatic SocietyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + Amadeus Chamber OrchestraCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Mark Kendall Artists ManagementCategory: Artist Managers and AgenciesCreated:
- + Wessex Concert OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- + VOCES8Category: Small Vocal GroupsCreated:
- + Camden ChoirCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- + Broadland BandCategory: Concert and Wind BandsCreated:
- * Louth & District Concert SocietyCategory: Local Concert PromotersCreated:
- + Kings Langley Musical Theatre CompanyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + New Essex ChoirCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- ~ The StradCategory: Music MagazinesCreated:
- + Mereside BrassCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * Southern Early Music ForumCategory: Early MusicCreated:
- + Wadebridge Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- @ St Thomas of Canterbury BrentwoodCategory: ChurchesCreated:
- Show more...