Stoke on Trent
'Our staff of composers, musicologists and performers includes world-leading specialists in classical music, the digital arts, popular music, screen scoring and world music. At the heart of our research is a commitment to contemporary music of all kinds. Music and Music Technology, in turn, are the heart of Keele's vibrant musical community.'
'The series presents an annual programme of 14 chamber, early music, jazz and world music concerts, with internationally recognised performers and emerging artistes. In addition it strives to engage local young people, Keele University students and the wider community with the programme holding a series of participatory workshops and special ticket promotions.'
'A friendly and ambitious brass band ... We have our own purpose-built bandroom and pride ourselves in delivering varied and entertaining concerts. We are a contesting band having very recently gained promotion ... We welcome players of all abilities and have both a main band and training band to accomodate the needs of all. If you already play or would like to learn to play a brass instrument, or if you are already a player looking to return to banding, get in touch with us.'
'As the name suggests an all male choir singing anything from medieval chants to the latest pop hits with traditional male voice pieces, opera, musicals and some devotional music interdispersed. Nothing is considered taboo or too difficult or easy for that matter. We are not an elitist choir and consider all "men" should be given the opportunity to learn to sing.'
'The orchestra's first concert was held in the Old Town Hall in Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent, but the audience was very small. Choral singing at the time was a very strong tradition in The Potteries and the launch of a new purely orchestral music society was thought of as something superfluous. In fact many local choirs shunned the orchestra. Its founders, John Cope and Madame Reymond, were often ridiculed by fellow choir masters but Cope and his orchestra carried on. Over 110 years later, the orchestra still thrives playing four major symphony concerts each year, performing in venues in Stoke-on-Trent and Newcastle-under-Lyme, with renowned conductors and guest soloists and supported by The Friends of the NSSO.'
'In 1979 the City of Stoke-on-Trent Amateur Operatic Society set up a youth section, which soon became known as "Stoke Youth". In 2006, following the decision to wind up the "Adult" Operatic Society, a small group of committed & determined individuals took the view that they wished to continue to support the talented young performers of "Stoke Youth" and take the personal risk of backing the establishment of a new volunteer run registered charity Stoke Youth Musical Theatre Company. Stoke Youth continues to stage challenging performances & training to meet the aim of "developing young people".'
'Built in 1888 to commemorate Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee. Built in local red brick and terracotta, the classical Grade II Listed venue originally held 2800 people, and has, over the years, been the scene of numerous concerts ... The Victoria Hall was revamped in the mid-nineties, opening its doors once more in 1998 and has since then been at the heart of the Cultural Quarter, alongside its sister venue The Regent Theatre ... Experience the magnificence of the Organ in this showcase of the best in Organ playing at our renowned Organ Proms.'
Recently Added Listings
- * Wollaton Recorded Music SocietyCategory: Recorded Music SocietiesCreated:
- + Sovereign BrassCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- + Hampshire Music Service Ensembles and ChoirsCategory: Young Persons Concert Music EnsemblesCreated:
- * Portadown FestivalCategory: Local Competitive Music FestivalsCreated:
- + Yate & Chipping Sodbury Good Afternoon ChoirCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- ~ OrganFaxCategory: Classical Music PortalsCreated:
- + Brockham ChoralCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- * Letchworth Music SocietyCategory: Local Concert PromotersCreated:
- + Welsh National OperaCategory: Opera CompaniesCreated:
- * Making MusicCategory: Accessibility to MusicCreated:
- + Dorset Chamber OrchestraCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Haslemere Recorded Music SocietyCategory: Recorded Music SocietiesCreated:
- + Burton Musical Theatre CompanyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- @ The Blake TheatreCategory: Theatres and Opera HousesCreated:
- ~ Arts Development UKCategory: Music Associations and SocietiesCreated:
- + Mid-Somerset OrchestraCategory: Community Orchestras and BandsCreated:
- + Thurrock Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- * Crail FestivalCategory: Arts FestivalsCreated:
- * Stanford SocietyCategory: Composer SocietiesCreated:
- + Cantorion Llandeilo SingersCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- * Beer WurlitzerCategory: Organ and Keyboard ClubsCreated:
- + Sale Brass BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * EYSMCategory: Summer SchoolsCreated:
- + Locrian Chamber ChoirCategory: Chamber ChoirsCreated:
- + Hertfordshire Chamber OrchestraCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- + Melbourne Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- ~ Forton MusicCategory: Music PublishersCreated:
- * MorgensternsCategory: Classical Musicians for HireCreated:
- * Minehead & Exmoor Music FestivalCategory: Classical Music FestivalsCreated:
- + CoronachCategory: Early Music EnsemblesCreated:
- + Perth Choral SocietyCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- * Tetbury Music FestivalCategory: Classical Music FestivalsCreated:
- + Royal Sutton Coldfield OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- + NoteAbilityCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- ~ Choir Schools' AssociationCategory: Music Associations and SocietiesCreated:
- @ Palace Theatre NewarkCategory: Theatres and Opera HousesCreated:
- + Whitburn BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- + Chalfont Concert Wind BandCategory: Concert and Wind BandsCreated:
- * Wye Valley Chamber MusicCategory: Workshops and MasterclassesCreated:
- * Britten-Pears FoundationCategory: Composer SocietiesCreated:
- + Wyndham SingersCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- + Ballet CymruCategory: Ballet CompaniesCreated:
- + Redhill SinfoniaCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Cirencester International Organ FestivalCategory: Instrumental FestivalsCreated:
- + Brass Sounds InverclydeCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * Hertfordshire Music ServiceCategory: Local Music Services and TrustsCreated:
- + Erewash Musical SocietyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + London Symphony OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- @ Hever CastleCategory: Historic Houses and BuildingsCreated:
- + National Youth Choirs of Great BritainCategory: Young Persons Singing Groups and ChoirsCreated:
- Show more...