'A completely voluntary body, supported by the Lottery Fund via the Arts Council NI and by the Antrim and Newtownabbey Borough Council. We provide tuition and opportunities to anyone wanting to try their hand at Traditional Irish Music, and over the course of 15 years have provided these to over 1,900 budding musicians. We are regularly involved in various community events including many of a cross community nature in Newtownabbey, North Belfast and further afield.'
'The oldest extant classical music festival in Wales. Set principally in the beautiful countryside of rural North Powys, the Festival features performances by the world's leading musicians in intimate historic locations.' Held Mid June.
'Would you like to be involved with an organisation that offers friendship and fellowship? As well as engagements in many parts of N. Ireland and the Republic of Ireland there could also be the opportunity to undertake short trips to Britain and Europe and on occasions to perform in festivals and with leading British and Irish artists ...'
'Ballyduff Silver began life as a flute band in 1894. This type of ensemble were the most popular in Northern Ireland during the late 1800’s early 1900’s. They competed in all the usual band competitions with some success until 1951 when the decision was taken to change to brass, as this was a cheaper option, rather than purchasing a new set of flutes!! ...'
'The Main Society performs a week of concerts in November each year in the Courtyard Theatre, Ballyearl. These concerts are reprised on a number of occasions throughout the rest of the season (Sep-May), often as fundraising events for local churches, clubs and societies. In addition to the concerts, we perform a musical show for a week in the Theatre at the Mill, usually in March ... FMS Youth performs a full-length show each year. They may also take part in the main society’s concerts, if this can be accommodated.'
'Founded in 1951 - Originally known as the Cedewain Gleemen, it presently numbers some 41 choristers drawn from all walks of life, some from Newtown itself, but mostly from the surrounding communities ... To better describe the origins of the membership, in 1966 the name and format was changed, and the choir was re-constituted as the Newtown and District Male Voice Choir.'
Recently Added Listings
- * Wollaton Recorded Music SocietyCategory: Recorded Music SocietiesCreated:
- + Sovereign BrassCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- + Hampshire Music Service Ensembles and ChoirsCategory: Young Persons Concert Music EnsemblesCreated:
- * Portadown FestivalCategory: Local Competitive Music FestivalsCreated:
- + Yate & Chipping Sodbury Good Afternoon ChoirCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- ~ OrganFaxCategory: Classical Music PortalsCreated:
- + Brockham ChoralCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- * Letchworth Music ClubCategory: Local Concert PromotersCreated:
- + Welsh National OperaCategory: Opera CompaniesCreated:
- * Making MusicCategory: Accessibility to MusicCreated:
- + Dorset Chamber OrchestraCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Haslemere Recorded Music SocietyCategory: Recorded Music SocietiesCreated:
- + Burton Musical Theatre CompanyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- @ The Blake TheatreCategory: Theatres and Opera HousesCreated:
- ~ Arts Development UKCategory: Music Associations and SocietiesCreated:
- + Mid-Somerset OrchestraCategory: Community Orchestras and BandsCreated:
- + Thurrock Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- * Crail FestivalCategory: Arts FestivalsCreated:
- * Stanford SocietyCategory: Composer SocietiesCreated:
- + Cantorion Llandeilo SingersCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- * Beer WurlitzerCategory: Organ and Keyboard ClubsCreated:
- + Sale Brass BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * EYSMCategory: Summer SchoolsCreated:
- + Locrian Chamber ChoirCategory: Chamber ChoirsCreated:
- + Hertfordshire Chamber OrchestraCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- + Melbourne Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- ~ Forton MusicCategory: Music PublishersCreated:
- * MorgensternsCategory: Classical Musicians for HireCreated:
- * Minehead & Exmoor Music FestivalCategory: Classical Music FestivalsCreated:
- + CoronachCategory: Early Music EnsemblesCreated:
- + Perth Choral SocietyCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- * Tetbury Music FestivalCategory: Classical Music FestivalsCreated:
- + Royal Sutton Coldfield OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- + NoteAbilityCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- ~ Choir Schools' AssociationCategory: Music Associations and SocietiesCreated:
- @ Palace Theatre NewarkCategory: Theatres and Opera HousesCreated:
- + Whitburn BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- + Chalfont Concert Wind BandCategory: Concert and Wind BandsCreated:
- * Wye Valley Chamber MusicCategory: Workshops and MasterclassesCreated:
- * Britten-Pears FoundationCategory: Composer SocietiesCreated:
- + Wyndham SingersCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- + Ballet CymruCategory: Ballet CompaniesCreated:
- + Redhill SinfoniaCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Cirencester International Organ FestivalCategory: Instrumental FestivalsCreated:
- + Brass Sounds InverclydeCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * Hertfordshire Music ServiceCategory: Local Music Services and TrustsCreated:
- + Erewash Musical SocietyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + London Symphony OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- @ Hever CastleCategory: Historic Houses and BuildingsCreated:
- + National Youth Choirs of Great BritainCategory: Young Persons Singing Groups and ChoirsCreated:
- Show more...