'The Liskeard Concert Series seek to keep a balance between making concerts affordable for local people while also bringing in some professional international musicians to the town. We do rely on support from businesses, organisations and individuals to be able to run these events. If you wish to support the Series you can make a donation at any concert or through our box office at the Liskeard Information Centre. You may also wish to volunteer to help steward at a concert or assist with refreshments ...'
'Auditioned choir of amateur singers, currently about 40 strong ... Bach features in many programmes but the choir also performs a wide range of music from the choral repertoire. ECBC usually gives three concerts a year ... The choir employs a professional conductor throughout the year and professional instrumentalists and singers for the concerts. A particular highlight of our year is our Choral Singing Day, which is open to all.'
+ Keltique New!
'Based in Looe, Keltique is a thriving and passionate award-winning vocal group of women of all ages and musical abilities, who share one thing – a love and enthusiasm for the music they sing, from modern pop and songs from the shows to gospel and traditional classics. We perform all over South East Cornwall – from Polperro to Liskeard to St Germans, as well as in Looe – whether more formally in local churches and halls, at the Looe Music Festival, the West Looe May Fayre, the Polperro Arts Festival, at Christmas lights ceremonies, or informally at flashmobs, at weddings and parties, on the beach or in the pub! – and we always aim to present a versatile musical repertoire but, most of all, we just love singing together!'
'Based in South East Cornwall with a history going back over 150 years. Our main aim is to provide the local community with an understanding and appreciation of brass band music. We encourage players of all ages and abilities to join in and enjoy being involved in the performance of live brass band music.'
'We are a friendly group of ladies, of all ages, and we sing everything from Mozart to Motown! The choir has been singing in the community for over 30 years, raising thousands of pounds for local charities ... You don’t have to audition and we won’t believe you if you say you can’t sing – come along and give us a try ...'
'Although today there are very few true fishermen singing with the choir, the roots and traditions of the choir are deep, and its aims and objectives are as strong as ever. Many charities throughout Cornwall have benefited from the devotion and pure love of singing of all the choir members. In 2009 the Polperro Wreckers were formed with the idea of singing for fun ... The Wreckers have become very popular and are much in demand, being very different from the main choir. The Wreckers now contribute considerably to the charitable activities of the choir, often giving an "afterglow" performance in a nearby pub after a choir concert ...'
Recently Added Listings
- + Wyndham SingersCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- + Ballet CymruCategory: Ballet CompaniesCreated:
- + Redhill SinfoniaCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Cirencester International Organ FestivalCategory: Instrumental FestivalsCreated:
- + Brass Sounds InverclydeCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * Hertfordshire Music ServiceCategory: Local Music Services and TrustsCreated:
- + Erewash Musical SocietyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + London Symphony OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- @ Hever CastleCategory: Historic Houses and BuildingsCreated:
- + National Youth Choirs of Great BritainCategory: Young Persons Singing Groups and ChoirsCreated:
- * Leominster FestivalCategory: Community Music FestivalsCreated:
- + Plymouth Area Police ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- * Wharfedale Recorded MusicCategory: Recorded Music SocietiesCreated:
- + Grantham Choral SocietyCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- * NLMS Music Summer SchoolCategory: Summer SchoolsCreated:
- + West Wickham Operatic SocietyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + Amadeus Chamber OrchestraCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Mark Kendall Artists ManagementCategory: Artist Managers and AgenciesCreated:
- + Wessex Concert OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- + VOCES8Category: Small Vocal GroupsCreated:
- + Camden ChoirCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- + Broadland BandCategory: Concert and Wind BandsCreated:
- * Louth & District Concert SocietyCategory: Local Concert PromotersCreated:
- + Kings Langley Musical Theatre CompanyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + New Essex ChoirCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- ~ The StradCategory: Music MagazinesCreated:
- + Mereside BrassCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * Southern Early Music ForumCategory: Early MusicCreated:
- + Wadebridge Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- @ St Thomas of Canterbury BrentwoodCategory: ChurchesCreated:
- + Bones Apart Trombone QuartetCategory: Chamber QuartetsCreated:
- * Stockbridge MusicCategory: Local Concert PromotersCreated:
- + Brecknock SinfoniaCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- * Llanfyllin Music FestivalCategory: Chamber Music and Song FestivalsCreated:
- + New Mills BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * Academy of Music & SoundCategory: Music Academies and CollegesCreated:
- * tynefolkCategory: Folk ClubsCreated:
- * Shuffle FestivalCategory: Community Music FestivalsCreated:
- * Peterborough Music HubCategory: Local Music Hubs and NetworksCreated:
- + Derbyshire SingersCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- + Bridlington Amateur Operatic and Dramatic SocietyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- ~ Music Education CouncilCategory: Music Associations and SocietiesCreated:
- @ Marina Theatre LowestoftCategory: Theatres and Opera HousesCreated:
- * Berlioz SocietyCategory: Composer SocietiesCreated:
- @ University of NottinghamCategory: Universities Colleges SchoolsCreated:
- + Belsize Community ChoirCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- + Roberts Bakery BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- + Solihull Symphony OrchestraCategory: Community Orchestras and BandsCreated:
- * Ashford Federation of ArtsCategory: Local Arts BodiesCreated:
- * Hawkes House Jazz ClubCategory: Jazz ClubsCreated:
- Show more...