'The Dark Peak Music Trust welcomes young musicians from Glossop, New Mills, Chapel-en-le-Frith, Hayfield and the surrounding areas. The Trust provides opportunities for players from beginner to advanced levels to play together in a structured family of ensembles. With over 150 members, the emphasis is on high standards of achievement in an enjoyable and friendly atmosphere, giving young players the best opportunities to develop their interest in music and the friendships that are born out of playing together.'
'Glossop Labour Club is one of the oldest Socialist/Labour Clubs in the country. It was founded in 1906 by the ILP two years before the existence of the national Labour Party in Glossop.' The Club organize a wide-range of regular music activities, including Glossop Folk Club, a Singing Group, and Music Sessions: ' Mostly instrumental (but singers are not barred). Come and join in, whatever your instrument. Mainly folk-type stuff (all acoustic), but anything goes – but be prepared for others to try joining in on your contribution'.
'Think of Glossop Record Club as the musical equivalent of a book group or a film society – coming together once a month to listen to albums on vinyl and in full on a decent hi-fi, in a relaxed environment as free from distraction as possible. It’s a place for music fans to share old favourites, discover something new and of course discuss the merits of what’s being played.'
'The Band formed in 2001, starting from scratch. We worked hard to raise funds from jobs to start to purchase uniforms, stands, banners and music. When the band formed our aims were to entertain and have fun! We did this by playing a wide range of music - from old to new. We even introduced a few singers to the band! This has set us apart from traditional brass banding ...'
'Community choir that brings together a wide range of people who share a love of singing and performing choral music. We rehearse weekly and perform three concerts a year. Performances cover a wide spectrum of music, from the classical choral works to lighter modern pieces ...'
+ New Mills Band New!
'New Mills Old Prize Band is the inheritor of a proud tradition going back 200 years. Its origin lies in a brass and reed band formed in 1811 or 1812 by Timothy Beard and can lay claim to being one of the oldest, if not the oldest, brass band in continuous existence in the country. Beginning as a brass and reed band, it was also at times both an entirely brass then a reed band (in 1869), before finally reverting to a brass band around the turn of the century.'
Recently Added Listings
- * Wollaton Recorded Music SocietyCategory: Recorded Music SocietiesCreated:
- + Sovereign BrassCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- + Hampshire Music Service Ensembles and ChoirsCategory: Young Persons Concert Music EnsemblesCreated:
- * Portadown FestivalCategory: Local Competitive Music FestivalsCreated:
- + Yate & Chipping Sodbury Good Afternoon ChoirCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- ~ OrganFaxCategory: Classical Music PortalsCreated:
- + Brockham ChoralCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- * Letchworth Music ClubCategory: Local Concert PromotersCreated:
- + Welsh National OperaCategory: Opera CompaniesCreated:
- * Making MusicCategory: Accessibility to MusicCreated:
- + Dorset Chamber OrchestraCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Haslemere Recorded Music SocietyCategory: Recorded Music SocietiesCreated:
- + Burton Musical Theatre CompanyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- @ The Blake TheatreCategory: Theatres and Opera HousesCreated:
- ~ Arts Development UKCategory: Music Associations and SocietiesCreated:
- + Mid-Somerset OrchestraCategory: Community Orchestras and BandsCreated:
- + Thurrock Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- * Crail FestivalCategory: Arts FestivalsCreated:
- * Stanford SocietyCategory: Composer SocietiesCreated:
- + Cantorion Llandeilo SingersCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- * Beer WurlitzerCategory: Organ and Keyboard ClubsCreated:
- + Sale Brass BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * EYSMCategory: Summer SchoolsCreated:
- + Locrian Chamber ChoirCategory: Chamber ChoirsCreated:
- + Hertfordshire Chamber OrchestraCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- + Melbourne Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- ~ Forton MusicCategory: Music PublishersCreated:
- * MorgensternsCategory: Classical Musicians for HireCreated:
- * Minehead & Exmoor Music FestivalCategory: Classical Music FestivalsCreated:
- + CoronachCategory: Early Music EnsemblesCreated:
- + Perth Choral SocietyCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- * Tetbury Music FestivalCategory: Classical Music FestivalsCreated:
- + Royal Sutton Coldfield OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- + NoteAbilityCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- ~ Choir Schools' AssociationCategory: Music Associations and SocietiesCreated:
- @ Palace Theatre NewarkCategory: Theatres and Opera HousesCreated:
- + Whitburn BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- + Chalfont Concert Wind BandCategory: Concert and Wind BandsCreated:
- * Wye Valley Chamber MusicCategory: Workshops and MasterclassesCreated:
- * Britten-Pears FoundationCategory: Composer SocietiesCreated:
- + Wyndham SingersCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- + Ballet CymruCategory: Ballet CompaniesCreated:
- + Redhill SinfoniaCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Cirencester International Organ FestivalCategory: Instrumental FestivalsCreated:
- + Brass Sounds InverclydeCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * Hertfordshire Music ServiceCategory: Local Music Services and TrustsCreated:
- + Erewash Musical SocietyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + London Symphony OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- @ Hever CastleCategory: Historic Houses and BuildingsCreated:
- + National Youth Choirs of Great BritainCategory: Young Persons Singing Groups and ChoirsCreated:
- Show more...