'Founded in 1967 as The Nottingham Hammond Organ Society to cater for people interested in Organ music other than that heard in churches, etc. To broaden its scope it later changed to just the Nottingham Organ Society.'
Formed in 1952: 'Over the years, the choir’s achievements have been considerable, having numerous successes at musical festivals and engagements with some of Britain’s finest choirs and regimental and brass bands, at the same time raising thousands of pounds for local and national charities ... The choir now numbers over 70 singers and is proud to be mentioned in the "Who's who" entry of His Grace the fourteenth Duke of St Albans, our patron'.
'We are a friendly group of people for whom music is important, but of equal importance are the friendship, good humour and team spirit engendered by the choir. In 2016 we will be celebrating the 50th anniversary of the founding of the society, which was set up by a group of Burton Joyce residents who enjoyed singing. Today, over half of our 70+ members live outside of the village.We are always keen to attract new members. We don’t hold auditions, but the ability to sight read is an obvious advantage. There is no age limit and if you haven’t sung for some time don’t worry ...'
'Carlton Brass are a community brass band based in the Nottingham suburb of Carlton. We are part of the Carlton Band Organisation which also encompasses the Carlton Brass Training Band:: Our purpose is to provide music making opportunities for local people of all ages (our current membership boasts both primary school children and pensioners). We have a busy schedule throughout the year, where we provide entertainment at various public events such as evening concerts, galas and fetes.'
'Based in the Nottingham area of England where it was formed in 1908. With around 80 members the choir is now larger than ever, attracting younger members who will safeguard its future. It has a wide-ranging current repertoire of nearly 50 items - from traditional to modern, sacred to secular and from the serious to the light-hearted – enough to suit practically all tastes and occasions!'
'We are comprised of around 60 ordinary men from all walks of like, from teachers to tattoo artists, teenagers to pensioners, who are united in our love of music and singing. What we love doing most of all is performing, and you'll find us out and about in the community at events throughout the year, as well as at the annual national competition each year where we have finished as high as sixth. Of course that performance doesn't come without practice and we support our members with coaching and continually strive to improve our standard. Naturally when such a large group of singers come together some will want more, and so within our ranks we have several quartets and a MOCtet who all wanted more a cappella in their lives. Many of these are available to hire for more intimate events ...'
Established in 1983: 'The Choir teaches boys the skills of reading music and singing properly, in fact, first class musicianship. Choir members progress through various stages: Probationer, Chorister, and Senior Chorister. Each level has a special award and privileges to interest and motivate the boys. The self-assurance, skills and poise they acquire are priceless attributes in all the demands of their future lives. As well as regular public performances, the Choir also makes high quality digital recordings. There is regular demand in and around the Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire areas for the Choir to appear in concerts and other events'.
Recently Added Listings
- * Wollaton Recorded Music SocietyCategory: Recorded Music SocietiesCreated:
- + Sovereign BrassCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- + Hampshire Music Service Ensembles and ChoirsCategory: Young Persons Concert Music EnsemblesCreated:
- * Portadown FestivalCategory: Local Competitive Music FestivalsCreated:
- + Yate & Chipping Sodbury Good Afternoon ChoirCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- ~ OrganFaxCategory: Classical Music PortalsCreated:
- + Brockham ChoralCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- * Letchworth Music SocietyCategory: Local Concert PromotersCreated:
- + Welsh National OperaCategory: Opera CompaniesCreated:
- * Making MusicCategory: Accessibility to MusicCreated:
- + Dorset Chamber OrchestraCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Haslemere Recorded Music SocietyCategory: Recorded Music SocietiesCreated:
- + Burton Musical Theatre CompanyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- @ The Blake TheatreCategory: Theatres and Opera HousesCreated:
- ~ Arts Development UKCategory: Music Associations and SocietiesCreated:
- + Mid-Somerset OrchestraCategory: Community Orchestras and BandsCreated:
- + Thurrock Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- * Crail FestivalCategory: Arts FestivalsCreated:
- * Stanford SocietyCategory: Composer SocietiesCreated:
- + Cantorion Llandeilo SingersCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- * Beer WurlitzerCategory: Organ and Keyboard ClubsCreated:
- + Sale Brass BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * EYSMCategory: Summer SchoolsCreated:
- + Locrian Chamber ChoirCategory: Chamber ChoirsCreated:
- + Hertfordshire Chamber OrchestraCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- + Melbourne Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- ~ Forton MusicCategory: Music PublishersCreated:
- * MorgensternsCategory: Classical Musicians for HireCreated:
- * Minehead & Exmoor Music FestivalCategory: Classical Music FestivalsCreated:
- + CoronachCategory: Early Music EnsemblesCreated:
- + Perth Choral SocietyCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- * Tetbury Music FestivalCategory: Classical Music FestivalsCreated:
- + Royal Sutton Coldfield OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- + NoteAbilityCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- ~ Choir Schools' AssociationCategory: Music Associations and SocietiesCreated:
- @ Palace Theatre NewarkCategory: Theatres and Opera HousesCreated:
- + Whitburn BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- + Chalfont Concert Wind BandCategory: Concert and Wind BandsCreated:
- * Wye Valley Chamber MusicCategory: Workshops and MasterclassesCreated:
- * Britten-Pears FoundationCategory: Composer SocietiesCreated:
- + Wyndham SingersCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- + Ballet CymruCategory: Ballet CompaniesCreated:
- + Redhill SinfoniaCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Cirencester International Organ FestivalCategory: Instrumental FestivalsCreated:
- + Brass Sounds InverclydeCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * Hertfordshire Music ServiceCategory: Local Music Services and TrustsCreated:
- + Erewash Musical SocietyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + London Symphony OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- @ Hever CastleCategory: Historic Houses and BuildingsCreated:
- + National Youth Choirs of Great BritainCategory: Young Persons Singing Groups and ChoirsCreated:
- Show more...