Central Scotland (75)
'The first agency of its kind in Scotland, representing some of the finest vocal and instrumental talent in the country. We provide emerging and established professional performers for any kind of event across the United Kingdom. All our musicians are from or based in Scotland, and perform regularly on the classical music scene. We are also a dynamic agency, providing highly experienced musicians for a variety of venues and events. We’re committed to meeting the needs of both promoters and musicians in providing a singer or instrumentalist, soloist or ensemble for any occasion.'
'Creative Scotland is the public body that supports the arts, screen and creative industries across all parts of Scotland on behalf of everyone who lives, works or visits here. We enable people and organisations to work in and experience the arts, screen and creative industries in Scotland by helping others to develop great ideas and bring them to life. We distribute funding from the Scottish Government and The National Lottery.'
'Brings together singers, players, listeners and instrument makers from around Scotland with an interest in the medieval, renaissance and baroque periods. Our members range from professional to amateur, from singers to players of viols, recorders, sackbutt, cornett and more! We organise occasional workshops for singers and instrumentalists as well, as early music performances in public spaces.'
'The National Body for chamber music - leading, developing and connecting the chamber music sector in Scotland ... EMS works with Chamber Music Performers and Collaborators, providing performance and professional development opportunities. In addition to this work EMS also has a Learning programme which supports and funds education workshops delivered in Primary, Secondary and ASN schools across Scotland.'
'The first recorded Brass Band Contest in Scotland took place at Wemyss Castle Estate near Kirkcaldy, Fife in July 1885. A first prize of £40 and a travel grant of £10 was enough to lure the champion band of England, Besses O’ Th’ Barn from Lancashire to compete. Besses Band emerged as the winners of the main Contest and the £40 prize, also winning the subsidiary event, a March Contest for which they received another £2. Alloa Burgh Band were placed a lowly second and Kirkcaldy Trades Band third ...' Held Mid March.
'This unique flute course will allow you the time and space to try out new ideas, to be challenged and take risks and to gain performance experience. The international element will allow you to meet flute players from around the world, to share philosophies and learn from each other. It is a busy week, but we do try to make sure that you have some time to practise and try out the new concepts you discover during the classes.' Held at various venues throughout Scotland, usually Late July.
'The Scottish Music Centre is at the heart of the national music industry in all its forms. From preserving our musical heritage with the ever-expanding archive, to representing contemporary composers and musicians, the SMC stands at the forefront. Our aim is to champion the wealth of talent that abounds in Scotland’s musical community by actively promoting music locally, nationally and internationally.'
'Scotland's national handbell ensemble, comprises ringers from various groups from around Scotland, all members of the Scottish Regional Association of the Handbell Ringers of Great Britain.'
'Dedicated to providing high-level singing opportunities for Scotland’s young singers. NYCoS was established in 1996 to provide a national infrastructure for young people, teachers and choir directors to support and develop choral singing in Scotland.'
'Since its formation in 2008, Red Note Ensemble has taken up a leadership position as Scotland’s contemporary music ensemble, performing and developing both an extensive, highly-varied and critically-acclaimed programme of new music.'
'Group of 12 outstanding musicians who champion music written for strings, crossing genres, styles, periods, and art forms to make new connections. You might find them playing in a prestigious concert hall, a shopping centre, your local pub or an international music festival; by performing in as many different places as possible, they aim to reach as many different people as possible, letting them experience and enjoy classical music in a way that is relevant to them.'
'One of Scotland’s foremost traditional music organisations. The Orchestra was formed in 1980, deriving its origins from Fiddlers’ Rallies which were – and are – held throughout the country ... We would love to see you at any of the six concerts we play in the UK each year – taking in some of the best concert halls across the land ...'
Recently Added Listings
- * Wollaton Recorded Music SocietyCategory: Recorded Music SocietiesCreated:
- + Sovereign BrassCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- + Hampshire Music Service Ensembles and ChoirsCategory: Young Persons Concert Music EnsemblesCreated:
- * Portadown FestivalCategory: Local Competitive Music FestivalsCreated:
- + Yate & Chipping Sodbury Good Afternoon ChoirCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- ~ OrganFaxCategory: Classical Music PortalsCreated:
- + Brockham ChoralCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- * Letchworth Music SocietyCategory: Local Concert PromotersCreated:
- + Welsh National OperaCategory: Opera CompaniesCreated:
- * Making MusicCategory: Accessibility to MusicCreated:
- + Dorset Chamber OrchestraCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Haslemere Recorded Music SocietyCategory: Recorded Music SocietiesCreated:
- + Burton Musical Theatre CompanyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- @ The Blake TheatreCategory: Theatres and Opera HousesCreated:
- ~ Arts Development UKCategory: Music Associations and SocietiesCreated:
- + Mid-Somerset OrchestraCategory: Community Orchestras and BandsCreated:
- + Thurrock Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- * Crail FestivalCategory: Arts FestivalsCreated:
- * Stanford SocietyCategory: Composer SocietiesCreated:
- + Cantorion Llandeilo SingersCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- * Beer WurlitzerCategory: Organ and Keyboard ClubsCreated:
- + Sale Brass BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * EYSMCategory: Summer SchoolsCreated:
- + Locrian Chamber ChoirCategory: Chamber ChoirsCreated:
- + Hertfordshire Chamber OrchestraCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- + Melbourne Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- ~ Forton MusicCategory: Music PublishersCreated:
- * MorgensternsCategory: Classical Musicians for HireCreated:
- * Minehead & Exmoor Music FestivalCategory: Classical Music FestivalsCreated:
- + CoronachCategory: Early Music EnsemblesCreated:
- + Perth Choral SocietyCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- * Tetbury Music FestivalCategory: Classical Music FestivalsCreated:
- + Royal Sutton Coldfield OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- + NoteAbilityCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- ~ Choir Schools' AssociationCategory: Music Associations and SocietiesCreated:
- @ Palace Theatre NewarkCategory: Theatres and Opera HousesCreated:
- + Whitburn BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- + Chalfont Concert Wind BandCategory: Concert and Wind BandsCreated:
- * Wye Valley Chamber MusicCategory: Workshops and MasterclassesCreated:
- * Britten-Pears FoundationCategory: Composer SocietiesCreated:
- + Wyndham SingersCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- + Ballet CymruCategory: Ballet CompaniesCreated:
- + Redhill SinfoniaCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Cirencester International Organ FestivalCategory: Instrumental FestivalsCreated:
- + Brass Sounds InverclydeCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * Hertfordshire Music ServiceCategory: Local Music Services and TrustsCreated:
- + Erewash Musical SocietyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + London Symphony OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- @ Hever CastleCategory: Historic Houses and BuildingsCreated:
- + National Youth Choirs of Great BritainCategory: Young Persons Singing Groups and ChoirsCreated:
- Show more...