Local Arts Bodies
'A Community Interest Company on The Isle of Arran which aims to promote live music events on the island throughout the year - all our profits are either reinvested in the company to ensure its continuance or used for the benefit of the local community.'
'Arts Derbyshire is the strategic arts organisation for the county; members include arts organisations, local authorities and public bodies with a remit for the arts ... Aims To provide a collective, strong and coherent voice for the arts; To raise the profile of the arts in Derbyshire; To enable effective joint working; To attract external funding for activities and projects; To enable information sharing and networking.'
'Arts for Rutland is a Registered Charity committed to leading, promoting and supporting the arts in Rutland. It consists of a small volunteer committee that aims to be representative of the county’s arts organisations and various creative disciplines.'
'A voluntary community organisation promoting and organising arts, culture and entertainment events in the historic Lancashire town of Prescot, Merseyside. The highlight of its year-round programme is the Prescot Festival of Music & the Arts, which runs for 10 days, starting on the third Friday of June.'
'ANS encourages and helps facilitate collaboration between the arts sector, the voluntary sector, commercial organisations and local government, aiming to increase arts activities within the community ... ANS provides a comprehensive online diary of events and social networking facility, showcasing the breadth of arts activities taking place within the borough ... ANS promotes, organises and supports arts events within the borough'
'Since its inception, Caithness.Org has grown into a massive resource for information about Caithness. With local news, geography, history and entertainment, Caithness.Org continues to provide thousands of photos from many people, events and places around the county ... Arts.Caithness.Org is similar to the business index except it's for the Arts, covering everything from Painters to Pipe Bands. Also providing Arts news on the site and by RSS newsfeed.' (Note that at the time of creation of this Record a number of broken Links were encountered on the Site; but a valuable resource for the locality, nevertheless.)
'An independent organisation but receives financial support from Aylesbury Vale District Council ... You can join Aylesbury Vale Arts Council in three ways – as an affiliate organisation (whose main purpose is the arts) as an associate organisation (who has an interest in the arts but whose main purpose is otherwise) or as an individual.'
'A voluntary body with membership open to any person or group interested in the objects of the Guild. The purposes of the Guild, as defined in its Constitution, are: "To promote, encourage and foster public interest in the study, practice and knowledge of the Arts within its area".'
'Charitable organisation in existence for 70 years, run purely by volunteers with the aim of encouraging involvement in and an appreciation of the arts and to raise awareness of arts organisations based in the Dudley borough, the Black Country and the West Midlands ... On the 1st October 2016 Dudley Arts Council gained permission from the Charity Commission to change its name to the Black Country Arts Council.'
'Fosters and promotes artistic and cultural activities in the Borough. It acts as a co-ordinating body between the many arts groups in the area and the local authority. Membership represents all branches of the arts: music, drama, visual arts, crafts, heritage, writing and poetry, and a large number of associate members whose individual support is much valued.'
'Offers activities and events which are not usually provided by the Borough of Broxbourne's Leisure and Entertainments programme. It also represents the arts interests of individuals and member groups and negotiates with the Borough, so that the arts community may enjoy greater recognition and leisure facilities on a par with the provision for sports.'
'Independent umbrella body which receives funding from a number of Patrons, notably Canterbury City Council, and from the affiliation fees of its members ... Its aims are to encourage and assist in presenting public concerts, recitals, dramatic performances, art exhibitions, lectures, arts festivals and other arts events in the Canterbury district.'
'An independent community arts and media organisation based in the Borough of Charnwood ... Our work encompasses most art forms including combined arts work and a wide range of approaches from long term community arts projects, performances, outdoor events and publications to web based and video productions, school and community residencies, exhibitions and ongoing groups. Our core work runs deeper than this and encompasses many roles which stimulate and support local cultural development, working in partnerships with arts organisations, youth and community groups, schools and organisations and encouraging participation in the cultural life of Charnwood borough and the East Midlands.'
'Welcome to the passion to be found in Cheltenham Arts Council’s Member Societies – an extraordinary colourful world beyond the office and the home – a kind of life enhancing parallel universe for like minded souls. These Societies are repositories of all that is good about "community": they reveal depth of commitment, sincerity of interest and downright expertise that exists just beneath the surface of Cheltenham’s stoical facades. So, which Society will you join? ...'
'With support from Highlands & Islands Enterprise, a consortium of organisations has come together to create new projects and raise the profile of the arts and cultural activity in Ullapool in the North West Highlands. An Talla Solais, Fèis Rois, The Macphail Centre, Ullapool Book Festival and Ullapool Museum will work under the banner of Creative Ullapool from July 2014 onwards. The five key partners will also work closely with other artists and other organisations in the village.'
'In 2008 Liverpool was European Capital of Culture ... Since then, we’ve never been far from the spotlight and over the last five years Culture Liverpool, Liverpool City Council’s cultural service, has continued to build on its world class reputation, using culture as the driving force for the regeneration of the whole city ...'
'In the late 1980's Fenland Arts Association was created to co-ordinate and promote and improve local awareness and to develop wider knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the of the Arts. 25 years later, we are still continuing to achieve this aim - despite the impact of economic challenges on the whole voluntary sectory ...'
'Founded in 1968, and is an umbrella organisation for all types of art and creativity in the Borough of Gravesham. We now like to call ourselves Gravesham Arts. Gravesham Arts is run by a happy band of volunteers, who are responsible for the day to day running of St Andrews Arts Centre, a grade II listed building set on the historic riverside of Gravesend ... Gravesham Arts has a programme of events throughout the year including monthly art shows, open days, art competitions, events, concerts and workshops.´
'Partially funded by an annual grant from the Borough, we seek to encourage local groups to hold events and activities which will raise awareness of the Arts and will increase participation in Arts activities by members of our local communities across the borough.'
'Has 50+ member organisations, which means also that hundreds of individuals are associated with its activities ... The Website is one of a number of ways in which IAA aims to keep in touch not only with its members but also with the wider community. It provides an excellent way for societies to publicise their events as well as a diary of proposed events, which has long proved invaluable to those keen to avoid clashes with other events of the same kind or in the same locality.'
'Aims to represent, publicise and enhance the activities of the voluntary and professional arts sector in the Borough and to present, with our partners, high-profile arts activities. We also run networking events for affiliates and the local arts community ... We also promote events and activities of other arts organisations through the wide-ranging communication channels available across the Borough.'
'Has been set up to programme great quality arts events and family activities across existing venues in the town. Working with partners such as Eden Arts and Highlights Rural Touring, we want to bring more great theatre, cinema, craft and music to our corner of Cumbria.'
'Has existed since June 1983. Its object is to encourage and promote the Arts in Mid Argyll - including Dance, Drama, Music, Opera, Poetry and the Visual Arts. The Association is a member of the Argyll and Bute Concert Tour Group ( ABCT) and co-operates with the music clubs of Bute, Kintyre, Cowal, Islay and Oban on the choice of fifty percent of the top class professional musicians invited to perform.'
'An Umbrella Organisation promoting South Asian Arts from the Indian Sub-Continent. Established since 1986. We coordinate and or provide a wide range of South Asian classical, contemporary, folk, popular, celebratory and festival events and regular workshops in various South Asian musical instruments, drama and various forms of dance.'
'Supporting Ribble Valley creative industries, by giving the public direct access to the events and businesses based in the borough. Assisting the Arts to thrive and survive within the Ribble Valley. Ribble Valley is a rural haven within Lancashire that is home to a wide variety of Arts. Its stunning scenery, bustling market towns and quaint villages set the scene as an inspirational landscape and community for creative people to thrive ... Throughout the year Ribble Valley has a whole host of things to do and see, theatre, music, exhibitions, festivals to name but a few ... Whether you live locally or are visiting for a day there are always venues providing a regular programme of arts to enjoy and to inspire ...'
'Shetland Arts was founded in 2006. It brought together the work of two organisations (Shetland Arts Trust and the Islesburgh Trust) whose collective histories provide Shetland Arts with a local, national and international reputation for arts development and delivery, built over 20 years of work and innovation. Today, the purpose of SADA is to place the Arts at the heart of Shetland, to educate, promote, support and develop the practice and enjoyment of the Arts by all.'
'An innovative organisation on the cutting edge and pushing the boundaries in how traditional and contemporary Indian Music and Dance is performed, presented and experienced by audiences, participants and Artists ... As we move towards our 21st Birthday in 2018, we are looking to enrol a greater number of people in creating a richer and more diverse arts experience that is reflective of the global communities we are all part of, and accessible to everyone.'
'On this Website you will find information about the role we play within Stafford Borough’s arts scene and how you can get involved. We have information about the services we offer our members if you’re starting up an amateur arts group or if you’d like to find out about the activities and events of our member societies.'
'Founded in the 1950's to encourage, to sustain and to co-ordinate the artistic endevours of the people of Stevenage. The Arts Guild has a wide range of members - from the performing arts, choirs and orchestras to floral arts, photographic societies and locomotive societies. The Web Site aims to provide information on the services that the Arts Guild provides and listings of events and contact details for the various groups.'
'We are funded by Worcester City Council and our remit is to "promote the arts in Worcester". The benefits of being a member of Worcester Arts Council include: Promotion of your activities; Help and advice; Grants for projects and events; Networking Opportunities.'
Recently Added Listings
- + Wyndham SingersCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- + Ballet CymruCategory: Ballet CompaniesCreated:
- + Redhill SinfoniaCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Cirencester International Organ FestivalCategory: Instrumental FestivalsCreated:
- + Brass Sounds InverclydeCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * Hertfordshire Music ServiceCategory: Local Music Services and TrustsCreated:
- + Erewash Musical SocietyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + London Symphony OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- @ Hever CastleCategory: Historic Houses and BuildingsCreated:
- + National Youth Choirs of Great BritainCategory: Young Persons Singing Groups and ChoirsCreated:
- * Leominster FestivalCategory: Community Music FestivalsCreated:
- + Plymouth Area Police ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- * Wharfedale Recorded MusicCategory: Recorded Music SocietiesCreated:
- + Grantham Choral SocietyCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- * NLMS Music Summer SchoolCategory: Summer SchoolsCreated:
- + West Wickham Operatic SocietyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + Amadeus Chamber OrchestraCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Mark Kendall Artists ManagementCategory: Artist Managers and AgenciesCreated:
- + Wessex Concert OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- + VOCES8Category: Small Vocal GroupsCreated:
- + Camden ChoirCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- + Broadland BandCategory: Concert and Wind BandsCreated:
- * Louth & District Concert SocietyCategory: Local Concert PromotersCreated:
- + Kings Langley Musical Theatre CompanyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + New Essex ChoirCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- ~ The StradCategory: Music MagazinesCreated:
- + Mereside BrassCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * Southern Early Music ForumCategory: Early MusicCreated:
- + Wadebridge Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- @ St Thomas of Canterbury BrentwoodCategory: ChurchesCreated:
- + Bones Apart Trombone QuartetCategory: Chamber QuartetsCreated:
- * Stockbridge MusicCategory: Local Concert PromotersCreated:
- + Brecknock SinfoniaCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- * Llanfyllin Music FestivalCategory: Chamber Music and Song FestivalsCreated:
- + New Mills BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * Academy of Music & SoundCategory: Music Academies and CollegesCreated:
- * tynefolkCategory: Folk ClubsCreated:
- * Shuffle FestivalCategory: Community Music FestivalsCreated:
- * Peterborough Music HubCategory: Local Music Hubs and NetworksCreated:
- + Derbyshire SingersCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- + Bridlington Amateur Operatic and Dramatic SocietyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- ~ Music Education CouncilCategory: Music Associations and SocietiesCreated:
- @ Marina Theatre LowestoftCategory: Theatres and Opera HousesCreated:
- * Berlioz SocietyCategory: Composer SocietiesCreated:
- @ University of NottinghamCategory: Universities Colleges SchoolsCreated:
- + Belsize Community ChoirCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- + Roberts Bakery BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- + Solihull Symphony OrchestraCategory: Community Orchestras and BandsCreated:
- * Ashford Federation of ArtsCategory: Local Arts BodiesCreated:
- * Hawkes House Jazz ClubCategory: Jazz ClubsCreated:
- Show more...