'A self funding, non-profit making community group ... We initially ran short jazz improvisation workshops under the tutelage of local musicians, but now hold 2 & 3 day events with musicians of international standing ... These events are fully booked well in advance ... Having organised a couple of small festivals in the past, we have now opted to regularly put on jazz & blues gigs on the Fourth Friday of every month ... Ticket reservations are essential, since nights are regularly sold out.'
'Essex’s premier jazz and live music venue. Come and hear some of the top UK and overseas performers live at Belvedere Jazz ... Weekly concerts are held on Wednesday evenings throughout the year except December. Featuring a wide variety of jazz genres including Big Band, Swing, Mainstream, Easy Listening and foot tapping music – there’s something for everyone! A friendly atmosphere and candlelit tables await you ...'
'Our belief is that jazz is for enjoyment and we wish to encourage listeners to all the different elements that jazz comprises. We are neither a "Traditional Jazz" club, nor a "Modern Jazz" club; we try to include as many facets of jazz as possible in our programme ... We are always pleased to receive visitors. Tickets are not expensive, and we never charge any supplementary fees for booking or handling ... All concerts are on Saturdays at 8.00pm.'
'Bude Jazz Club, the brain child of Pat Sullivan, was formed in 1990 to promote and encourage jazz in Bude and the surrounding area. The club currently presents live entertainment twice a month, usually on Sunday evenings ...'
'Provides top class British and International jazz music in Cambridge ... Programme new, experimental, imaginative and sometimes obscure acts ... Policies have earned the club genuine respect and credibility from the multitude of musicians who have played here and the numerous established and young artists seeking to use our platform today.'
'Puts on monthly jazz performances from some of the UK’s finest jazz musicians ... in a “jazz club” environment ... The Club has an enthusiastic and growing membership since it started in January 2013, and we are always very happy to see new people too ...'
'Exists as a non-profit making organisation to provide and promote high quality live traditional jazz in Gosport and surrounding areas. The Club arranges live performances ... by mainly British bands, although there have been visits by bands from as far away as Australia, the USA and Europe.'
'Farnham's first Jazz & Supper Club! ... Jazz At The Ivy Room presents monthly sessions on the last Wednesday of each month (excluding December and August) featuring some of the country’s greatest jazz instrumentalists and singers ... With comfortable seating, atmospheric lighting and a well-stocked bar, we'll be bringing you the ambience of an after-hours metropolitan night spot right in the heart of Farnham Town Centre ...'
'Focusses on promoting modern and mainstream forms of Jazz. Our aim is to not only provide Sunday sessions at our venue ... but also further promote local jazz events. We have an excellent reputation for providing jazz sessions from national and international names as well as rising local stars ... We look forward to seeing you at our lunchtime sessions on the second Sunday in every month to enjoy a friendly relaxed atmosphere, good food and the best in modern jazz.'
'Began life in the early 1970s as The Chilterns Jazz Appreciation Society. Initially it was simply a record recital group with occasional jazz film shows (cine film – this was just before the video age!). Meetings were held in the back room of Marlow’s Clayton Arms. Live events began tentatively in 1975, but the tiny room proved too small for the growing interest and the first of many moves was made. Over the years no less than eleven different venues have been used ...'
'The long-held club policy is of opening the doors to everyone, of all ages. We have tried to avoid the twin traps of lowest-common-denominator shallowness or pompous jazz snobs who know the middle name of Miles Davis. Older jazz aficionados are welcomed alongside those new to the music to enjoy the visceral experience of live improvised music.'
'As a come back trumpet player of about six years, the time came to do something about playing more regularly and in public. So I set up The Moon Jazz & Blues Club. A place where jazz is a living organism and the hubbub of the audience is a part of the experience. Without an audience and the excitement you bring to the music performed then the jazz is just not the same, so thank you for your continued support and thank you for coming out ... As well as a regular healthy turn out of people since the start, I am stunned by the number of excellent jazz musicians we have not only in the South West but right on the door step ...'
'In the autumn of 1998, we started a short series of jazz concerts in church, with encouragement from our then vicar, David Tuck. Various musicians played for us, amongst them Humphrey Lyttelton and Martin Klute. We did not expect that annual jazz seasons would be going from strength to strength in Pinner Parish Church so many years later! Welcome ...'
'We are a small community-based charity, run entirely by volunteers. Our aim is to develop and promote the best in live jazz, and particularly to foster aspiring young talent. We arrange regular live jazz gigs and festivals involving leading UK jazz musicians at first-class venues mainly in Clitheroe, the heart of Ribble Valley. But we also encourage up-and-coming talent, especially among younger players by providing opportunities for playing in public and organising coaching and workshops by professional trainers and musicians.' Jazz Fest held Late April.
'The last jazz club before New York ... Set up in June 1998, and every Tuesday since then, we've had the privilege of hearing top class modern jazz in beautiful St Ives. We've been shortlisted twice in the Parliamentary Jazz Awards as Jazz Venue of the Year and won it in 2015 - we're one of the best jazz clubs in the UK - that's official!' Note Website unavailable at Review; cf Facebook Site.
'We aim to: PRESERVE Jazz Age music; PRESENT top trad bands; PROMOTE our jazz heritage; PROTECT it from decline; PAMPER dancers & listeners; Offer a PACKAGE of Real Music, Real Dance, Real Ale & well stocked bar for a Real Good Night Out.'
'If you love jazz why not join us? Yearly membership ... secures benefits at reduced rates at our popular Club Nights and of course at the annual Jazz Festival in the Autumn.' Festival held Mid November.
Annual weekend event taking place Late June. The Friends of the Upton Jazz Festival is 'Worcestershire's Premier Jazz Society for the best live jazz in the area featuring top musicians from Britain and abroad'.
'One of the UK’s premier jazz venues, programming almost 400 performances a year in an intimate space. We were winner of the Live Jazz Award category at the 2013 Parliamentary Jazz Awards ... We have even been singled out by the prestigious Downbeat magazine as one the top 150 jazz venues in the world. Most of the concerts are programmed by the club itself, exercising a judicious balance between quality and accessibility. This contrasts us with other venues, which just act as places for various outside promoters to use.'
'Enjoy contemporary Jazz and world music live performances most Wednesday, Friday and Saturday's upstairs in the Jazz Bar at Zeffirellis. The Jazz Bar offers great live music events, many of which are free, as well as bar and food menu including pizzas, pasta, anti-pasti and delicious desserts.'
Recently Added Listings
- * Beer WurlitzerCategory: Organ and Keyboard ClubsCreated:
- + Sale Brass BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * EYSMCategory: Summer SchoolsCreated:
- + Locrian Chamber ChoirCategory: Chamber ChoirsCreated:
- + Hertfordshire Chamber OrchestraCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- + Melbourne Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- ~ Forton MusicCategory: Music PublishersCreated:
- * MorgensternsCategory: Classical Musicians for HireCreated:
- * Minehead & Exmoor Music FestivalCategory: Classical Music FestivalsCreated:
- + CoronachCategory: Early Music EnsemblesCreated:
- + Perth Choral SocietyCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- * Tetbury Music FestivalCategory: Classical Music FestivalsCreated:
- + Royal Sutton Coldfield OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- + NoteAbilityCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- ~ Choir Schools' AssociationCategory: Music Associations and SocietiesCreated:
- @ Palace Theatre NewarkCategory: Theatres and Opera HousesCreated:
- + Whitburn BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- + Chalfont Concert Wind BandCategory: Concert and Wind BandsCreated:
- * Wye Valley Chamber MusicCategory: Workshops and MasterclassesCreated:
- * Britten-Pears FoundationCategory: Composer SocietiesCreated:
- + Wyndham SingersCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- + Ballet CymruCategory: Ballet CompaniesCreated:
- + Redhill SinfoniaCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Cirencester International Organ FestivalCategory: Instrumental FestivalsCreated:
- + Brass Sounds InverclydeCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * Hertfordshire Music ServiceCategory: Local Music Services and TrustsCreated:
- + Erewash Musical SocietyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + London Symphony OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- @ Hever CastleCategory: Historic Houses and BuildingsCreated:
- + National Youth Choirs of Great BritainCategory: Young Persons Singing Groups and ChoirsCreated:
- * Leominster FestivalCategory: Community Music FestivalsCreated:
- + Plymouth Area Police ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- * Wharfedale Recorded MusicCategory: Recorded Music SocietiesCreated:
- + Grantham Choral SocietyCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- * NLMS Music Summer SchoolCategory: Summer SchoolsCreated:
- + West Wickham Operatic SocietyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + Amadeus Chamber OrchestraCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Mark Kendall Artists ManagementCategory: Artist Managers and AgenciesCreated:
- + Wessex Concert OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- + VOCES8Category: Small Vocal GroupsCreated:
- + Camden ChoirCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- + Broadland BandCategory: Concert and Wind BandsCreated:
- * Louth & District Concert SocietyCategory: Local Concert PromotersCreated:
- + Kings Langley Musical Theatre CompanyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + New Essex ChoirCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- ~ The StradCategory: Music MagazinesCreated:
- + Mereside BrassCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * Southern Early Music ForumCategory: Early MusicCreated:
- + Wadebridge Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- @ St Thomas of Canterbury BrentwoodCategory: ChurchesCreated:
- Show more...