'Formed to promote the works of composers who are resident in, or have close connections with, Central England. Our aim is to encourage and foster the music of our composers, primarily through the Central Composers´ Alliance Website and to stimulate, when possible, live performances with a variety of musical ensembles ...'
'Cooperative of composers based in East Anglia, reaching out to London and the south of England. We consist of composers of all ages – from students to professionals – and our aim is to build opportunities for all our members to fulfil their potential through training workshops, sharing skills, advice and support and providing a range of performance opportunities. As with most composer collectives, funding presents a challenge, so we strive to share what each member can offer to the group. We are always looking to expand, develop and grow our membership ...'
'He became a full-time composer in 1997. He has embraced his career with energy and commitment, not only producing a large catalogue of music for all types of choirs, but also working with singers and choirs in more than 30 countries ... If you would like to sing with Bob Chilcott, there are many opportunities for singing days and festivals both for individuals and for choirs. Forthcoming dates are listed ...'
'Born in London, 1951, Cecilia McDowall has been described by the International Record Review as having "a communicative gift that is very rare in modern music". Often inspired by extra-musical influences, her writing combines a rhythmic vitality with expressive lyricism "which is, at times, intensely moving". She has won many awards ...'
'The composer Charlotte Bray has emerged as a distinctive and outstanding talent of her generation. Exhibiting uninhibited ambition and desire to communicate, her music is exhilarating, inherently vivid, and richly expressive with lyrical intensity ...'
'Born in London in 1946. He studied with Arnold Whittall and Nicholas Maw; in the 1970s he was assistant to Benjamin Britten, and worked for many years with Imogen Holst. His collaboration with Deryck Cooke on the performing version of Mahler’s Tenth Symphony lasted from 1963 until its publication in 1975. Over four decades his music has ranged from solo piano music through five string quartets and many ensemble and orchestral works. He was Associate Composer with the London Symphony Orchestra between 1992 and 1999, and Composer-in-Association with the Hallé from 2001-10, now their Composer Emeritus.'
'Colin Riley's work draws on a range of elements including improvisation, new technologies, song-writing and large-scale classical form. As an established, but ever-questioning figure within the contemporary music scene he cuts an independent path and his work is hard to categorize, embodying a genuine integration of stylistic approaches ...'
'Pianist, broadcaster & composer ... David Owen Norris’s rise as a composer is more recent. Audiences have been discovering his music through a series of major works: the oratorio Prayerbook, the Piano Concerto in C, both recorded commercially, and the Symphony; as well as smaller works, already much loved ... Two large-scale works appeared in the autumn of 2015 ...'
'Freya Waley-Cohen is a composer from London. Her music has been performed by the Manson Ensemble at the Royal Academy of Music, conducted by Oliver Knussen, the Orchestra of the Swan, conducted by David Curtis, CHROMA ensemble, The Hermes Experiment, Reverie Choir, Richard Watkins, Huw Watkins and others ... She is a founding member and artistic director of Listenpony, a concert series that programmes classical music, both new and old, alongside a variety of other genres including folk, jazz and pop, in beautiful and unusual venues ...'
= Karl Jenkins New!
'A recent exhaustive survey shows that Sir Karl Jenkins is now the most-performed living composer in the world. Educated at Gowerton Grammar School, Cardiff University and the Royal Academy of Music, London, The Armed Man: A Mass for Peace alone has been performed over 1500 times in 20 different countries since the CD was released, while his recorded output has resulted in 17 gold and platinum disc awards ...'
'Michael Berkeley was born in 1948, the eldest son of the composer Sir Lennox Berkeley and a godson of Benjamin Britten. As a chorister at Westminster Cathedral, singing naturally played an important part in his early education. He studied composition, singing and piano at the Royal Academy of Music but it was not until his late twenties, when he went to study with Richard Rodney Bennett, that Berkeley began to concentrate exclusively on composing ...'
'Born in St Asaph, North Wales in 1975, Paul Mealor studied composition privately as a boy with William Mathias and later with John Pickard, and at the University of York with Nicola LeFanu (BA Hons, 1997, PhD, 2002) and in Copenhagen with Hans Abrahamsen and Per Nørgård. His music has been commissioned and performed at many festivals and by many orchestras and choruses and has been broadcast on every major TV and Radio station throughout the world. Since January 2003 he has taught in the Music Department at the University of Aberdeen where he is Professor of Composition. Mealor was catapulted to international stardom in April 2011, when 2.5 billion people (the largest audience in broadcasting history) heard his Motet, Ubi caritas performed by the choirs of Westminster Abbey and Her Majesty’s Chapel Royal, conducted by James O’Donnell at the Royal Wedding Ceremony of His Royal Highness Prince William and Catherine Middleton ,,,'
'Born in London. Initially a viola player, she moved from London to Scotland in 1990 to develop her career as a composer. Her music embraces many influences: particularly jazz and Scottish traditional music. The concerto form is a continuing inspiration, and she has written for many internationally renowned soloists. She perfoms regularly as violist, pianist and narrator, and has presented programmes on TV and radio.'
Recently Added Listings
- + Wyndham SingersCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- + Ballet CymruCategory: Ballet CompaniesCreated:
- + Redhill SinfoniaCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Cirencester International Organ FestivalCategory: Instrumental FestivalsCreated:
- + Brass Sounds InverclydeCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * Hertfordshire Music ServiceCategory: Local Music Services and TrustsCreated:
- + Erewash Musical SocietyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + London Symphony OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- @ Hever CastleCategory: Historic Houses and BuildingsCreated:
- + National Youth Choirs of Great BritainCategory: Young Persons Singing Groups and ChoirsCreated:
- * Leominster FestivalCategory: Community Music FestivalsCreated:
- + Plymouth Area Police ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- * Wharfedale Recorded MusicCategory: Recorded Music SocietiesCreated:
- + Grantham Choral SocietyCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- * NLMS Music Summer SchoolCategory: Summer SchoolsCreated:
- + West Wickham Operatic SocietyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + Amadeus Chamber OrchestraCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Mark Kendall Artists ManagementCategory: Artist Managers and AgenciesCreated:
- + Wessex Concert OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- + VOCES8Category: Small Vocal GroupsCreated:
- + Camden ChoirCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- + Broadland BandCategory: Concert and Wind BandsCreated:
- * Louth & District Concert SocietyCategory: Local Concert PromotersCreated:
- + Kings Langley Musical Theatre CompanyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + New Essex ChoirCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- ~ The StradCategory: Music MagazinesCreated:
- + Mereside BrassCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * Southern Early Music ForumCategory: Early MusicCreated:
- + Wadebridge Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- @ St Thomas of Canterbury BrentwoodCategory: ChurchesCreated:
- + Bones Apart Trombone QuartetCategory: Chamber QuartetsCreated:
- * Stockbridge MusicCategory: Local Concert PromotersCreated:
- + Brecknock SinfoniaCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- * Llanfyllin Music FestivalCategory: Chamber Music and Song FestivalsCreated:
- + New Mills BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * Academy of Music & SoundCategory: Music Academies and CollegesCreated:
- * tynefolkCategory: Folk ClubsCreated:
- * Shuffle FestivalCategory: Community Music FestivalsCreated:
- * Peterborough Music HubCategory: Local Music Hubs and NetworksCreated:
- + Derbyshire SingersCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- + Bridlington Amateur Operatic and Dramatic SocietyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- ~ Music Education CouncilCategory: Music Associations and SocietiesCreated:
- @ Marina Theatre LowestoftCategory: Theatres and Opera HousesCreated:
- * Berlioz SocietyCategory: Composer SocietiesCreated:
- @ University of NottinghamCategory: Universities Colleges SchoolsCreated:
- + Belsize Community ChoirCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- + Roberts Bakery BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- + Solihull Symphony OrchestraCategory: Community Orchestras and BandsCreated:
- * Ashford Federation of ArtsCategory: Local Arts BodiesCreated:
- * Hawkes House Jazz ClubCategory: Jazz ClubsCreated:
- Show more...