Chamber Music and Song Festivals
'Bringing chamber music concerts to the beautiful St Mary's Church, Beddgelert, exciting music workshops to primary school children and concerts to residents of care homes in Gwynedd.' Festival planned for Late September.
'The Carducci Music Trust is a charity which supports the work of the Carducci Quartet with schools and young musicians, and their annual Festival at Highnam. Established by the Carducci Quartet in 2009 to support its passion for music education, the Trust has raised more than £30,000 to date to fund projects with young people including bursaries and music workshops in schools, and to support the Carducci Festival.' Held Mid May.
'Annual Festival promoting Music in the Community concerts, education workshops and chamber music recitals of the highest quality in Worcester and the surrounding areas. It aims to create a vibrant, accessible and enjoyable environment, where people of all ages can interact with classical chamber music concerts and events. The Chamber Music @ Worcester Festival delivers opportunities where musicians and composers can collaborate with members of the community to produce a music festival for the whole family.' Held Early October.
'The heart of the Festival is classical chamber music, but we also present world, jazz, folk and electronica. In addition to our musical celebrations, we’ve commissioned films, exhibitions, art installations and literature events as well as guided walks ... Did you know that almost half of our total turnover is donated by the East Neuk Festival audience? Our supporters are hugely important to ensuring the continued success and delivery of the artistic values of ENF.' Held Late June.
'Began life in 2011, the vision of Dr John Stark, retired hospital consultant. A great lover of music, his ambition was to bring the highest quality classical chamber music to Hay-on-Wye at modest ticket prices and he has achieved this by attracting both young, highly qualified "new generation" artists in the early stages of their careers in music as well as many established and well known professional musicians, including from overseas ...' Events held throughout the year with Hay Chamber Music Festival Late March.
'Leeds Lieder celebrates the performance and composition of song and of poetry in many languages. Between our annual festivals we hold a lively programme of concerts, talks and educational activities in co-promotions with the Howard Assembly Room at Opera North, Leeds College of Music, the University of Leeds and Leeds International Concert Series. Filling the city with song.' Festival held Mid April.
Founded 1989: 'The Festival is largely a chamber music festival and is rooted in Leicester’s strong musical tradition of working with the finest musicians and composers ... The annual festival took place in Leicester in June for many years but moved to September in 2007. The Festival continues to attract regional, national and international recognition for the high quality of its musical performances, for the world-class artists taking part and for promoting stimulating and sometimes challenging programming'. The Festival also promotes an annual series of Lunchtime Concerts.
'Began its life in the summer of 2012 when 8 musicians were invited by the Festival's founder and violinist, Beatrice Philips to come down to Lewes and perform six concerts of the finest chamber music to local audiences over one weekend. The concerts proved so popular that audiences insisted it happen again the following year.' Held Mid June.
Annual Festival founded in 2004 featuring traditional chamber music concerts at several venues within Lincolnshire, enhanced each year with a range of performers and performances from other genres. Main Programme held Mid August.
For over 40 years 'the Allegri String Quartet, Britain's longest running chamber music ensemble (founded in 1953) has been playing each summer to delighted audiences at St. Myllin's Church, Llanfyllin, in the heart of Mid Wales. Those first concerts held by the original quartet developed into the beatingheart of what is now the annual Llanfyllin Music Festival or Gŵyl Gerdd Llanfyllin, as it is known locally. Over the years, the Festival has expanded to include performances by other musicians and artists of international calibre. In recent years, as part of the Festival, the Allegri has been involved in educational out reach work to Music Masterclasses and Concerts for young musicians within the county'. Held Late July.
'Scotland's most picturesque chamber music festival, renowned for making use of spectacular and unusual settings around the gorgeous Loch Shiel, hosting performances from internationally renowned chamber musicians, each year.' Held Mid April.
'Ludlow English Song Weekend has taken place since 2001. Inspired by the musical world of Gerald Finzi, it is a unique celebration of poetry, music, culture, and ideas. Drawing on the work of a wide range of poets and composers working in the English language, the Weekend explores the sensibility evoked through their art. It offers opportunities to reflect on a distinctive musical tradition, to speculate on what it has taught us, and what it might also teach us as we look to the future.' Held Mid May.
'Founded in 1988 by the revered violinist Leonard Friedman, responsible for so much of lasting value in Scotland’s musical life. The Festival provides young professionals in the field of string chamber music with a week of preparation and performance in which to develop their skills, while working with established artists in the surroundings of natural beauty that drew Mendelssohn to Scotland.' Held Early July: concerts on Mull, on Iona, and in Oban, but earlier 'In addition, and exceptionally this year ,, they will present showcase concerts across the UK to raise the profile of the Festival'.
'For over a decade Music at Tresanton has been gaining praise for its innovative programming and concerts. The festival takes place annually in November, and offers a unique chance to hear a carefully devised programme of four concerts, played by the finest classical musicians, in the intimate and relaxed atmosphere of the beautifully restored St Mawes Methodist Chapel.'
'An exciting new artistic development curated by Natalie Clein and her fellow musician friends. The Festival takes place every year at the end of summer in the beautiful surroundings of Purbeck in Dorset in historic locations, churches, unusual sites and schools.' Held Early September.
Annual Festival which has taken place since 2013 in a village near Oswestry, each year focussing on works of a single composer. Held Mid May.
'We started our festival in April 2008 and have been delighted to see it grow into a major highlight of Hampshire’s cultural calendar. It is the county’s only annual festival dedicated solely to professional chamber music and we invite top guest artists each year to perform alongside the London Bridge Trio.' Held Late April.
Recently Added Listings
- * Beer WurlitzerCategory: Organ and Keyboard ClubsCreated:
- + Sale Brass BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * EYSMCategory: Summer SchoolsCreated:
- + Locrian Chamber ChoirCategory: Chamber ChoirsCreated:
- + Hertfordshire Chamber OrchestraCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- + Melbourne Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- ~ Forton MusicCategory: Music PublishersCreated:
- * MorgensternsCategory: Classical Musicians for HireCreated:
- * Minehead & Exmoor Music FestivalCategory: Classical Music FestivalsCreated:
- + CoronachCategory: Early Music EnsemblesCreated:
- + Perth Choral SocietyCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- * Tetbury Music FestivalCategory: Classical Music FestivalsCreated:
- + Royal Sutton Coldfield OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- + NoteAbilityCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- ~ Choir Schools' AssociationCategory: Music Associations and SocietiesCreated:
- @ Palace Theatre NewarkCategory: Theatres and Opera HousesCreated:
- + Whitburn BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- + Chalfont Concert Wind BandCategory: Concert and Wind BandsCreated:
- * Wye Valley Chamber MusicCategory: Workshops and MasterclassesCreated:
- * Britten-Pears FoundationCategory: Composer SocietiesCreated:
- + Wyndham SingersCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- + Ballet CymruCategory: Ballet CompaniesCreated:
- + Redhill SinfoniaCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Cirencester International Organ FestivalCategory: Instrumental FestivalsCreated:
- + Brass Sounds InverclydeCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * Hertfordshire Music ServiceCategory: Local Music Services and TrustsCreated:
- + Erewash Musical SocietyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + London Symphony OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- @ Hever CastleCategory: Historic Houses and BuildingsCreated:
- + National Youth Choirs of Great BritainCategory: Young Persons Singing Groups and ChoirsCreated:
- * Leominster FestivalCategory: Community Music FestivalsCreated:
- + Plymouth Area Police ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- * Wharfedale Recorded MusicCategory: Recorded Music SocietiesCreated:
- + Grantham Choral SocietyCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- * NLMS Music Summer SchoolCategory: Summer SchoolsCreated:
- + West Wickham Operatic SocietyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + Amadeus Chamber OrchestraCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Mark Kendall Artists ManagementCategory: Artist Managers and AgenciesCreated:
- + Wessex Concert OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- + VOCES8Category: Small Vocal GroupsCreated:
- + Camden ChoirCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- + Broadland BandCategory: Concert and Wind BandsCreated:
- * Louth & District Concert SocietyCategory: Local Concert PromotersCreated:
- + Kings Langley Musical Theatre CompanyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + New Essex ChoirCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- ~ The StradCategory: Music MagazinesCreated:
- + Mereside BrassCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * Southern Early Music ForumCategory: Early MusicCreated:
- + Wadebridge Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- @ St Thomas of Canterbury BrentwoodCategory: ChurchesCreated:
- Show more...