'The Big Band was the idea of Ashby-de-la-Zouch trumpeter David Bradford who not only wanted to offer local musicians the chance to play in one of the best big bands around, but to also give the local community a band they could be proud of. The band is now one of the best Glenn Miller/1940s tribute bands in the country, with many players living in the Ashby area but also players coming from as far afield as Birmingham, Northampton and Chesterfield.'
'Performs regularly at most of the UK’s major music festivals including the BBC Proms, Cheltenham, Edinburgh, Harrogate, Brecon and as an Associate Ensemble at Town Hall Birmingham. Over the past 20 years the band has performed with many giants of the music world. These have included Ray Charles, Tony Bennett, George Benson, George Shearing, Lalo Schifrin, Clark Terry and Michael Bublé.'
'Manchester's leading amateur Big Band ... with 30 musicians playing a century of popular music across the Northwest and beyond ... The Band was formed by Dave Egerton in 1983 initially as a youth band fusing Dave’s brass band background with woodwinds and was known then by the name that is still its official title – The Altrincham Concert Band ... Whether we are playing on a bandstand in the park; on stage with a Big Band night; or at a wedding; we are here to help your special occasion be filled with great music and memories. Come along and sit back while we take you down memory lane.'
'Originally known as the Dearne Youth Big Band until its name was changed in 1983 to the Dearne Big Band and Singers to reflect the fact that many within the band were no longer youths. This is still evident today with the age range in the Band of 16 to 60 years .... None of the members of The Dearne Big Band & Singers take a fee for their performances, all fees are re-invested into The Barnsley Youth Jazz Association.'
'Remember when the exciting big bands electrified audiences ... The Denmark Street Big Band recreates the swinging jazz sounds of the Big Band era, performing compositions that span an entire century of music, including standards made famous by Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Sammy Davis Jr, Bobby Darin and other legends of The American Song Book ...'
'Our repertoire is quite varied, and we are constantly adding new arrangements. We reflect music from some of the early 1930s and 40s standards through to interpretations of many modern songs. We include instrumental and vocal pieces encompassing the varied styles of swing, latin and jazz funk. We presently have a line up of around 25 musicians comprising percussion, keyboard, bass, rhythm guitars, alto, tenor and baritone saxaphones, flute, trumpets and trombones. Our impressive singers complement our sound. We aim to perform a number of times a year. These can be appearances at Village Halls, Clubs, Churches, local festivals, etc ...'
'Through an arrangement with Glenn Miller Productions in New York, veteran band-leader Ray McVay has put together an orchestra we feel the maestro would be proud of were he here to see it. The exact stage line-up devised by Glenn had been maintained, consisting of the leader, five saxophones, four trumpets, four trombones and three rhythm plus a male and female vocalist ...'
'Formed in 2003 after various members of the Hertfordshire Concert Band were lamenting in the pub that there were no local big bands we could join to play big band music we had previously played in bands when we were younger. After some discussions we realised we had enough players to form a band, and so the Hertfordshire Big Band was born ... We perform regularly throughout Hertfordshire and surrounding areas and are available to book for private functions such as dinner dances, parties and weddings.'
'Over the last thirty years this 16 piece swing orchestra has grown to be Britain’s most popular big band. In its ranks are players who between them have worked with Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Ted Heath, Henry Mancini and Shirley Bassey to name but a few ...'
'A 22-piece band featuring 4 vocalists - including The Axholme Singers who sing an Andrews Sisters tribute. The band is based in Haxey (in North Lincolnshire just south of the Humber Bridge) and we draw our musicians from Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and South Yorkshire.'
'We’ll happily travel around Oakham, Leicestershire, Uppingham, Stamford, Melton Mowbray, Corby and other places around the East Midlands ... A Big Band traditionally has saxophones (baritone, tenors & altos), trumpets, trombones, a rhythm section (drums, bass, keyboard, guitar), and ideally a singer or two. Sometimes there are clarinet parts, usually played by one of the saxophonists. This helps make the famous Glenn Miller type of sound.'
'Do you like Big Band music, but haven't got the space for a Big Band? Size isn't everything! We've trimmed our line-up down to 9 (saxophones, trumpets, trombone, piano, bass and drums), a manageable number that will still give you that Big Band sound, and won't break the bank! ... Like the idea of a Jazz Band, but worried that it mightn't suit all tastes? We have a varied repertoire, starting with the classics of Big Band swing, adding a pinch of Trad Jazz, a twist of your Rock n Roll favourites, a little rumba of Latin American, and those all time greats of film and stage ...'
'The Two Rivers Concert Band and the Two Rivers Swing Band were formed after a break from Bradford Council’s Education Department in 2012. Our name derives from where our players are recruited from – the beautiful Yorkshire valleys of the Aire and Wharfe. We rehearse in Ilkley and Baildon respectively and accommodate a wide range of standards and ages ... We have immense fun playing at various places including local bandstands, churches and private functions. The Swing Band also hosts a dance twice a year which has proved extremely popular. Above all, we enjoy the music and playing together.'
Recently Added Listings
- * Wollaton Recorded Music SocietyCategory: Recorded Music SocietiesCreated:
- + Sovereign BrassCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- + Hampshire Music Service Ensembles and ChoirsCategory: Young Persons Concert Music EnsemblesCreated:
- * Portadown FestivalCategory: Local Competitive Music FestivalsCreated:
- + Yate & Chipping Sodbury Good Afternoon ChoirCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- ~ OrganFaxCategory: Classical Music PortalsCreated:
- + Brockham ChoralCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- * Letchworth Music ClubCategory: Local Concert PromotersCreated:
- + Welsh National OperaCategory: Opera CompaniesCreated:
- * Making MusicCategory: Accessibility to MusicCreated:
- + Dorset Chamber OrchestraCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Haslemere Recorded Music SocietyCategory: Recorded Music SocietiesCreated:
- + Burton Musical Theatre CompanyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- @ The Blake TheatreCategory: Theatres and Opera HousesCreated:
- ~ Arts Development UKCategory: Music Associations and SocietiesCreated:
- + Mid-Somerset OrchestraCategory: Community Orchestras and BandsCreated:
- + Thurrock Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- * Crail FestivalCategory: Arts FestivalsCreated:
- * Stanford SocietyCategory: Composer SocietiesCreated:
- + Cantorion Llandeilo SingersCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- * Beer WurlitzerCategory: Organ and Keyboard ClubsCreated:
- + Sale Brass BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * EYSMCategory: Summer SchoolsCreated:
- + Locrian Chamber ChoirCategory: Chamber ChoirsCreated:
- + Hertfordshire Chamber OrchestraCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- + Melbourne Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- ~ Forton MusicCategory: Music PublishersCreated:
- * MorgensternsCategory: Classical Musicians for HireCreated:
- * Minehead & Exmoor Music FestivalCategory: Classical Music FestivalsCreated:
- + CoronachCategory: Early Music EnsemblesCreated:
- + Perth Choral SocietyCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- * Tetbury Music FestivalCategory: Classical Music FestivalsCreated:
- + Royal Sutton Coldfield OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- + NoteAbilityCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- ~ Choir Schools' AssociationCategory: Music Associations and SocietiesCreated:
- @ Palace Theatre NewarkCategory: Theatres and Opera HousesCreated:
- + Whitburn BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- + Chalfont Concert Wind BandCategory: Concert and Wind BandsCreated:
- * Wye Valley Chamber MusicCategory: Workshops and MasterclassesCreated:
- * Britten-Pears FoundationCategory: Composer SocietiesCreated:
- + Wyndham SingersCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- + Ballet CymruCategory: Ballet CompaniesCreated:
- + Redhill SinfoniaCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Cirencester International Organ FestivalCategory: Instrumental FestivalsCreated:
- + Brass Sounds InverclydeCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * Hertfordshire Music ServiceCategory: Local Music Services and TrustsCreated:
- + Erewash Musical SocietyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + London Symphony OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- @ Hever CastleCategory: Historic Houses and BuildingsCreated:
- + National Youth Choirs of Great BritainCategory: Young Persons Singing Groups and ChoirsCreated:
- Show more...