Accessibility to Music
'Improves Deaf and disabled people’s access to live music by working in partnership with audiences, artists and the music industry. Having begun as a pilot project in 2000, we are now a fully independent charity and part of Arts Council England’s National Portfolio of Organisations. We encourage events producers to go beyond the legal obligations set out in the Equality Act and implement best practice, providing a fair and equal service to their Deaf and disabled customers.'
'Drake Music is the leading national charity working in music, disability and technology. We specialise in the use of assistive technology to break down both physical and societal barriers to music-making. We offer a wide range of high quality, lifelong-learning opportunities for people of all ages, working in partnership with schools, music hubs, universities, healthcare professionals, artists, technologists and more to improve access to music. Our team has an excellent track record in delivering outreach, training and education initiatives, as well as developing new technologies and commissioning disabled practitioners to produce new artistic works.'
'Milapfest is Britain’s leading Indian arts development trust, producing world class performances, education and artist development opportunities across the UK. We are a British Art Organisation specialising in Indian Arts with a strong track record of creating and delivering ground breaking artistic projects nationally ... Our principal work includes the three city Indian Music concert series, Samyo, the National Youth Orchestra for Indian Music, Tarang, the National Indian Music Ensemble, as well as career development opportunities for young music and dance practitioners of Britain ...'
'Since our establishment in 1995, Moving On Music has grown to become one of the leading promoters of jazz, folk, roots, traditional, classical and “other” music in Northern Ireland. We are an independent, not for profit organisation and registered charity and endeavour to provide an eclectic array of entertainment and education services to the entire community. We are dedicated to ideals of innovation and originality, championing new developments in music, inspiring and nurturing musical talents and providing opportunities for everyone to get involved in music.'
'The Royal Philharmonic Society is for people who love music and live music making and who want to ensure a vibrant future for classical music. For over 200 years we’ve been at the heart of music: supporting and working creatively with talented young performers and composers, championing excellence, and encouraging audiences to listen to, and talk about, great music.'
'Established in 1989 and entirely funded by the music industry. The Trusts’ mission is to give young people a chance to express their musical creativity regardless of race, class, sex or ability ... The Trust’s main source of funding is from the BRIT Awards, Classic BRIT Awards and The Music Industry Trusts Dinner.'
'We are a vocal education charity – run by a group of dedicated volunteers – which organises workshops, events, competitions and other projects for singers of all ages, abilities and backgrounds. We operate across the UK, from London to Birmingham to Edinburgh ... We started the Voice Festival UK in late 2007 when the UK a cappella scene was truly in its infancy ... Since then, we have grown as an organisation in response to the growing and thriving scene. We have 3 directors, a core team of volunteers, and are supported by several others who help out throughout the year. There are 3 separate programme strands to suit the needs of those involved, and we now work with around 60 a cappella groups across the UK every year.'
'We provide musical resources and opportunities for our members. These include choirs, workshops and big events for children and adults with additional needs and disabilities, as well as training and workshops for those who work with people with special or additional needs.'
* Youth Music New!
'We’re a national charity investing in music-making projects for children and young people experiencing challenging circumstances. We believe everyone should have the chance to make music. Our projects help young people develop musically, of course, but they have personal and social outcomes too. We know that those facing difficulties - economic problems, lifelong conditions, tough circumstances or behavioural issues - are often the ones who get the most out of music-making. Youth Music offers meaningful chances to young people in complicated situations. With your support, we can make a genuine difference to many more young lives ...'
Recently Added Listings
- + Wyndham SingersCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- + Ballet CymruCategory: Ballet CompaniesCreated:
- + Redhill SinfoniaCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Cirencester International Organ FestivalCategory: Instrumental FestivalsCreated:
- + Brass Sounds InverclydeCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * Hertfordshire Music ServiceCategory: Local Music Services and TrustsCreated:
- + Erewash Musical SocietyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + London Symphony OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- @ Hever CastleCategory: Historic Houses and BuildingsCreated:
- + National Youth Choirs of Great BritainCategory: Young Persons Singing Groups and ChoirsCreated:
- * Leominster FestivalCategory: Community Music FestivalsCreated:
- + Plymouth Area Police ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- * Wharfedale Recorded MusicCategory: Recorded Music SocietiesCreated:
- + Grantham Choral SocietyCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- * NLMS Music Summer SchoolCategory: Summer SchoolsCreated:
- + West Wickham Operatic SocietyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + Amadeus Chamber OrchestraCategory: Chamber OrchestrasCreated:
- * Mark Kendall Artists ManagementCategory: Artist Managers and AgenciesCreated:
- + Wessex Concert OrchestraCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- + VOCES8Category: Small Vocal GroupsCreated:
- + Camden ChoirCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- + Broadland BandCategory: Concert and Wind BandsCreated:
- * Louth & District Concert SocietyCategory: Local Concert PromotersCreated:
- + Kings Langley Musical Theatre CompanyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- + New Essex ChoirCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- ~ The StradCategory: Music MagazinesCreated:
- + Mereside BrassCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * Southern Early Music ForumCategory: Early MusicCreated:
- + Wadebridge Male Voice ChoirCategory: Male Voice ChoirsCreated:
- @ St Thomas of Canterbury BrentwoodCategory: ChurchesCreated:
- + Bones Apart Trombone QuartetCategory: Chamber QuartetsCreated:
- * Stockbridge MusicCategory: Local Concert PromotersCreated:
- + Brecknock SinfoniaCategory: Symphony OrchestrasCreated:
- * Llanfyllin Music FestivalCategory: Chamber Music and Song FestivalsCreated:
- + New Mills BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- * Academy of Music & SoundCategory: Music Academies and CollegesCreated:
- * tynefolkCategory: Folk ClubsCreated:
- * Shuffle FestivalCategory: Community Music FestivalsCreated:
- * Peterborough Music HubCategory: Local Music Hubs and NetworksCreated:
- + Derbyshire SingersCategory: Choral SocietiesCreated:
- + Bridlington Amateur Operatic and Dramatic SocietyCategory: Operatic and Dramatic SocietiesCreated:
- ~ Music Education CouncilCategory: Music Associations and SocietiesCreated:
- @ Marina Theatre LowestoftCategory: Theatres and Opera HousesCreated:
- * Berlioz SocietyCategory: Composer SocietiesCreated:
- @ University of NottinghamCategory: Universities Colleges SchoolsCreated:
- + Belsize Community ChoirCategory: Community ChoirsCreated:
- + Roberts Bakery BandCategory: Brass and Silver BandsCreated:
- + Solihull Symphony OrchestraCategory: Community Orchestras and BandsCreated:
- * Ashford Federation of ArtsCategory: Local Arts BodiesCreated:
- * Hawkes House Jazz ClubCategory: Jazz ClubsCreated:
- Show more...